The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-636L

636L with HE tunnel broker cannot ping IPv6

(1/3) > >>

btarantina:
I have a DIR-636L Hardware Version 1A, Firmware 1.04
I also have a tunnel set up through Hurricane Electric
I am on an AT&T UVerse network and my UVerse gateway is configured to put my 636L in DMZ-Plus mode and my 636L has a public IPv4 address.

I configured the IPv6 tunnel settings based on HE forum posts that have verified success with similar D-Link routers (with screenshots). I have a Windows box that is getting an IPv6 address from the router, but pinging from either the Windows box or the router tools fails.

Is there some setting could be blocking outgoing IPv6 by default? I've wiped my router settings and only added the IPv6 tunnel info and it doesn't work.

What am I missing?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* Link>Double NAT and How NAT Works.
I would presume that possibly your ISP modem maybe blocking IPv6 ping requests or somehow not allowing pings to come thru. We've known that ATT U-Verse DMZ Plus is not a full on DMZ and still limits some traffic.

btarantina:
I am east coast US. My closest tunnel broker router is in northern Virginia.

btarantina:
I found this posting a few days ago and this is exactly how I configured my UVerse router:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Third-Party-Devices/How-to-Bridge-PACE-5031-NV-to-3rd-Party-Router/td-p/3612175

It's frustrating since others messages on that thread said that they followed the exact same steps on the exact same modem and they were able to hit their HE tunnels.

FurryNutz:
What routers are they using?

Do you have WAN Ping Respond feature under Advanced/Adv Networking by chance?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version