The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DAP-1525

DAP-1525 Smartbeam? (less coverage than DIR-827)

(1/2) > >>

ektorbarajas:
Hi.

My DIR-827 started to have problems: suddenly dropping speed, or signal, even that I used a fan cooler. I've not performed the DIY Mod for heat problem
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=56608.0

So I decided to purchase the DAP-1525 for the advertisemet of SmartBeam and more coverage.

So I removed the DIR-825, and connected the DAP-1525 directly to my GPON Modem.

Guess what, the coverge is less than with the DIR-827!!! :o

How could it be!!!

the DAP-1525 is in AP mode 2.4GHZ, and my DIR-827 (Even it's a router) was as an AP with only 2.4GHZ

Any advise?

FurryNutz:
Any why havn't you yet sir?  ::)
At least run a laptop cooler under the 827.

What wireless modes are you using?
Is the 1525 running at the same time at the 827s radio? Or do you have the 2.4ghz radio off on the 827?
What channels are you using?
What FW version is loaded on the DAP?

* Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many? Use v3, its free.
Router Placement
Forum User - "Well I feel really dumb. After moving the router away from other electronic devices my speeds are back to normal. Just a heads up for anyone experiencing slow speeds, you might want to move it away from other electronics and see if that helps."
3-6' feet minimum safe distance between devices.
Placement on main level floor and central in the building and WELL ventilated is preferred. Not in basements or closets as building materials, or near by electronics devices could interfere or hinder good signal propagation.
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-basics/31083-smallnetbuilders-wireless-faq-the-essentials

ektorbarajas:
Hi FurryNutz

I had the DIR-827 with a laptop cooler, but looks that for some reason, it was not enoug, it worked fine for a long time, but now it doesn't

The DAP-1525 is running in AP 2.5 ghz it's wired to my modem, I?ve removed the DIR-827 (it's no longer connected).

I' had used channel 11 on my DIR-825 and so I set the DAP-1525 to also use the channel 11 (I used inssider in the past and that was the less congestioned channel)

My DAP-1525 has the firmware 1.01 (I updgared to 1.02 but noticed no difference)

It's placed on the same place that my DIR-827 was

I wil go ahead and mod the DIR-827 to place the 3 heatsinks (20mm x 19mm x 5mm) but I'm very disappointed with the DAP-1525

FurryNutz:
Any status on this?  ???

ektorbarajas:
Still waiting for the heat sinks to arrive. Ordered them from Internet.

But for now my GPON Modem which had a firmware upgrade is working fine. It's giving even better range than the DIR-827.

Now my issue is just my DAP-1360 which firmware 3.06 screwed it up.

Will keep you informed when the heat sinks arrive and the mod is done.

Sorry to say but I'm disappointed with D-link products :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version