The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-345

DNS-345 - Compatible HDDs

(1/4) > >>

JavaLawyer:
The first list below contains published D-Link approved and verified Hard Drives (HDDs). The second list contains HDDs tested by D-Link forum community end users. If you would like to contribute a HDD you personally tested to this list, please post the HDD make/model/capacity, configuration, length of time in use, and observations (e.g. stability, performance, etc) as a reply to this thread.

Hard Drives Tested by D-Link

Vendor                     Model                      Interface      Capacity
TBD

Hard Drives Tested/Contributed by End-Users *

[*]TBD
[/list]

*Disclaimer: Hard Drives (HDDs) categorized as tested by end users were neither internally tested nor verified by D-Link. As such, users who opt to purchase HDDs on this list categorized as tested by end-users for their ShareCenter DNS-345 do so at their own risk.

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: jwatkins36 on August 23, 2012, 07:41:10 PM ---Western Digital just updated their website:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=810

WD Red NAS hard drives have been extensively tested for compatibility in 1-5 bay NAS systems in our FIT labs and AVL qualified with these key partners: D-Link, DROBO, Netgear, etc.

They just added the following D-Link NAS:

DNS-315
DNS-320
DNS-325
DNS-345

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I'll update the list.

JavaLawyer:
The first list below contains published D-Link approved and verified Hard Drives (HDDs). The second list contains HDDs tested by D-Link forum community end users. If you would like to contribute a HDD you personally tested to this list, please post the HDD make/model/capacity, configuration, length of time in use, and observations (e.g. stability, performance, etc) as a reply to this thread.

Hard Drives Tested by D-Link

Vendor                     Model                      Interface      Capacity
TBD

Hard Drives Tested/Contributed by End-Users *

[*]Western Digital - WD10EFRX - 1TB (WD reports full DNS-345 compatibility: WD Red HDDs) [Added 08/27/2012]
[*]Western Digital - WD20EFRX - 2TB (WD reports full DNS-345 compatibility: WD Red HDDs) [Added 08/27/2012]
[*]Western Digital - WD30EFRX - 3TB (WD reports full DNS-345 compatibility: WD Red HDDs) [Added 08/27/2012]
[/list]

*Disclaimer: Hard Drives (HDDs) categorized as tested by end users were neither internally tested nor verified by D-Link. As such, users who opt to purchase HDDs on this list categorized as tested by end-users for their ShareCenter DNS-345 do so at their own risk.

Leathal:
I would like to add with the WD Red NAS drives, I have four 2TB in RAID 5 config and its connected to a Dell 2716 Gbit switch both NICs (Adaptive Load Balancing), I get on average 40MB/sec. Not bad when I was lucky to get 10 to 15MB/sec on my WD 1.5GB green drives.

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: Leathal on August 31, 2012, 12:32:55 PM ---I would like to add with the WD Red NAS drives, I have four 2TB in RAID 5 config and its connected to a Dell 2716 Gbit switch both NICs (Adaptive Load Balancing), I get on average 40MB/sec. Not bad when I was lucky to get 10 to 15MB/sec on my WD 1.5GB green drives.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update, I'm glad your performance picked up!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version