• April 19, 2024, 06:04:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: One DWL-3200 knocks out another DWL-3200 causing it to stop broadcasting  (Read 3700 times)

cosmasok

• Level 1 Member

Dear All,
I have this scenario that is causing me sleepless nights.

I have 2 DWL-3200 and 2 DAP-3220 in one network.

The DAP-3220s are both out door, bridging two buildings, while the DWL-3200s are indoor to provide wireless access:

Let me name them as follows:

1. DAP-3220a is located outside of building A and is connected to the gateway router
2. DAP-3220b is located outside of building B (it bridges building A)
3. DWL-3200a is located inside of building B and is linked to DAP-3220b via a switch.
4. DWL-3200b is located further inside of building B and is bridging with DWL-3200a.

Except or no. 2 (DAP-3220b) which is only in bridge mode. the other 3 are in both AP + bridge mode. Cleints are usually connected on the nearest APs.

Normally, using a client to scan for APs will show the 3 APs broadcasting.

Here is an example of the problem:
1. Suddenly, all the clients connected to no. 4 will loose conections.
2. Scanning will show that no.4 is no longer broadcasting (It will simply disappear).
3. Restarting no. 4 will not restore it.
4. No 3 is still on and all the clients connected to it will still be on.
5. but restarting no. 3 will then make no. 4 to start broadcasting again and all clients will connect back.

This is where I am really confused. It seems no 3 knocks out no. 4. And unless no 3 is restarted, no 4 wont be ok. The reverse can also be the case.
No 4 can knock of no 3. Also, no 1 can knock of no 2 and vice versa.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cosmas