• March 28, 2024, 03:24:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Poor Playback when connected to a different wireless network  (Read 2718 times)

HollyW00d

• Level 1 Member
Poor Playback when connected to a different wireless network
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »

So we have two wireless networks in our building ... two different providers. Both have great speeds.

When I am connected to the wireless network that I have the dlink camera connected to, the playback via the web is near perfect. However, when I hop over to the other network (speeds are great) ... the playback is pretty much useless. Extremely choppy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Poor Playback when connected to a different wireless network
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »

When the client and DCS-5020L are both located on the same network (i.e. same LAN), the throughput will be significantly greater than remote access, where the client and DCS-5020L are on different networks.

For example, accessing a DCS-5020L using mydlink from within the same LAN will have near real-time responsiveness for pan/tilt functionality.  Accessing the same DCS-5020L from another network will result in a lag of at least ~4+ seconds for pan/tilt functionality. The lag will vary (and can be as much as ~9 seconds) depending on a variety of factors.

This is considered normal performance for these cameras.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:38:22 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC