• March 28, 2024, 02:21:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446537 times)

c0r3d3v

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2015, 04:10:29 AM »

Please post the features and bugs you would like to see corrected in the next DCS-5222L firmware update.

give us error messages that gives us more information then "test error".

don't promt user who isn't authenticated with the device name and version, it's a a unnecessary security risk.

I realize the original post was written 2012 and its 2015 now and every issue is still around, op clearly didn't deliver.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:38:03 AM by FurryNutz »

giv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2016, 10:52:31 PM »

HI.

Firmware Version   2.14.04
Hardware Version   B
MCU Version   20140207

My problem is that the camera is on the ceiling and set to a certain position to record.
After a power failure the lens came into another position and record totally different image. I must re set the camera each time in the desired position after a power failure which is kinda frustrating. I want a feature added to preserve the set position after a power failure.
Thank you!

Maxime10

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2017, 07:34:31 AM »

Hi

Happy New Year  ;D

Firmware Version   2.14.04
Hardware Version   B

There is a timout of 5 minutes on the "speak" button on the web interface. Can you remove or add an option to disable this timeout ?

Thank you

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »

My wish list for 5222L revB (2.14) are:

a) can a 3rd or 4th event.  It only have max of 2 events + continuous NAS recording
b) scheduled reboot every 6 or 12hrs.  This camera always disconnects from router and needs power cycle

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2017, 10:19:35 PM »

a) can a 3rd or 4th event.  It only have max of 2 events + continuous NAS recording
b) scheduled reboot every 6 or 12hrs.  This camera always disconnects from router and needs power cycle

I'm not sure of your setup - is there a 2.4GHz traffic jam in your area? 

Would a 5Ghz signal work?

There are devices/repeaters you can use to switch to 5GHz, just wire your camera into that, and connect 5GHz to your router.

I don't like all your apple devices though.  My one apple ipod has caused me so many disconnects.   >:(

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2017, 06:25:01 AM »

I'm not sure of your setup - is there a 2.4GHz traffic jam in your area? 
Would a 5Ghz signal work?
There are devices/repeaters you can use to switch to 5GHz, just wire your camera into that, and connect 5GHz to your router.
I don't like all your apple devices though.  My one apple ipod has caused me so many disconnects.   >:(

I moved the 5222L to another home with less crowded wifi and is now stable, plus the router is good too (dir-885L).
I hate wires :), so would not physically connect IP cam to lan port,  I do have a wireless repeater though.

The scheduled reboot once a day still helps.
btw, there are several non-apple device :) .. 2 andriod phones, asus laptop

Wishlist from me:
a) add 3rd or 4th event.   It only have max of 2 events + continuous NAS recording
b) improve internal watchdog logic, if 5222L is not connected to wifi or failed FTP, then try internal restart or full restart maybe.
c) Snapshot FTP transfer - add "Day Folder" instead just FTPing pics to one folder which is really having too many files already.
d) Add cyclic SD CARD recording - e.g. delete oldest image/video on SD card when full.   FTP also stops when SD card is full.
e) SNAPSHOT URL - add option to disable authentication (same as 942L, 930L, 5020L, 960L )

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:55:15 PM by revogsx »

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2018, 12:33:36 AM »

I have one wish now, maybe an upcoming firmware update to fix any security related issue?  :)

sohbetkat

• Level 1 Member
    • Sohbet
« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2020, 04:14:21 PM »

Hi all,
    I would like to have another bugs corrected relative to motion detection since a wrong motion is detected when changing from day to nite vision, both if it is an automatic or manual change.

Always about motion detection I have a question:
    I have now activated the PIR only, but I frequently have wrong alerts. I say wrong because nor the photos nor the video sent contains any evident motion sign. Do you think my hardware is failing?
Don't the PIR have to react to warm body only? Can you clarify me the difference between PIR and alarm based on differences detected between one photogram and the other?

I am going to move your original post containing this question to a new thread in the main DCS-942L section, as it relates more to configuring the camera rather than a wishlist item.

A great option to add would be the ability to HTTPS to my camera. On my knowledge, but I'm not an expert, a simple HTTP can be viewed and so the password of the camera intercepted for later abusive access.

Thank you very much and excuse me for my bad English!

Added...

Thanx you bro ^
https://rakipsizsohbet.com
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]