• March 28, 2024, 05:13:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.03b03 Comments & Observations  (Read 32640 times)

s0slick

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320 - Firmware v2.03b03 Comments & Observations
« on: July 15, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »

[Link removed from post]

Be good everyone stops downloading the v2.03b01 which just corrupts data and starts investigating this firmware version. Found on a thread, DLink apparantly gave this link on phone to someone who was telling them about the corrupted data and that this patch fixes that.

The first comments, and responses confirms this firmware version works 100% and no bug has been reported yet. Even 3TB works...

ftp:*******************************************************

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:24:23 AM by JavaLawyer »

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.03b03 Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »

Have you check if you're allow to post this? Not too long ago I posted a link from D-Link as well but was told it's not allow. Do read the DNS-320 - Firmware Do's and Don'ts
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:10:04 AM »

Please refrain from posting non-sanctioned firmware links on this board. While it's true that the link appears to have been generated through D-Link technical support, some questions remain: What Country was this firmware created for? What hardware version does this support? Without some corroborating information from D-Link that this is a sanctioned version for NA or WW, I have to remove the link.

Thank you for your support.

Be good everyone stops downloading the v2.03b01 which just corrupts data and starts investigating this firmware version. Found on a thread, DLink apparantly gave this link on phone to someone who was telling them about the corrupted data and that this patch fixes that.

The first comments, and responses confirms this firmware version works 100% and no bug has been reported yet. Even 3TB works...

ftp://*********************************************************

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:12:01 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

s0slick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 08:49:03 AM »

Nps however it would be nice to get more info/links regarding this version as everyone who has tested it reports it fixes the corrupted data. I think you may need to remove the link that i put the v2.03b01 thread as everyone is responding to that.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »

Nps however it would be nice to get more info/links regarding this version as everyone who has tested it reports it fixes the corrupted data. I think you may need to remove the link that i put the v2.03b01 thread as everyone is responding to that.

It's already gone.  ;)

chunkylover53

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:01 PM »

I noticed that the person who originally posted the link was from the UK, like me. Is it possible to view the link?

edit: found the link, its on yahoo search cache :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:22:49 PM by chunkylover53 »

j-marcelo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 01:47:40 PM »

Great news,

Let's wait for this version ww v2.03b03.

RicRoller

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 05:45:50 AM »

I have a DNS-320 purchased in the UK; came with 2.02 firmware - which I believe may suffer from both of the reported (and IMO extremely serious) data integrity issues:

(a) (Large?) Files copied to NAS from CIFS client can end up showing with zero-length
(b) Corruption when files are modified (especially with Outlook .PST files?)

I can't "roll back" to the older version 2.00 as my NAS came already loaded with the newer firmware, so at present I'm stuck with a NAS that I daren't use for any important/valuable data in case either of the two bugs were to bite and that data was trashed  :(

But I did read about that unofficial 2.03b03 firmware that is reported to fix at least the "0kb" problem - so I am hoping that there will be an official fix forthcoming (or at minimum an official beta)

FYI I went hunting and did find the link to that unofficial beta on a cached web page - but won't be trying it simply because it is of unknown pedigree...

(a) There's no release note in the ZIP-archive or hint in the firmware file name as to where it came from or what hardware/countries it applies to (the firmware file name is "DLINK_DNS320.2.03b03(2.13.0618.2012)(BETA)", having a "modified" date/time of 18 June 2012, 15:47:20).
(b) The IP address of the FTP-server from where it came is allocated to an ISP in Sweden

Regards,
Richard

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 07:00:05 AM »

FYI I went hunting and did find the link to that unofficial beta on a cached web page - but won't be trying it simply because it is of unknown pedigree...

(a) There's no release note in the ZIP-archive or hint in the firmware file name as to where it came from or what hardware/countries it applies to (the firmware file name is "DLINK_DNS320.2.03b03(2.13.0618.2012)(BETA)", having a "modified" date/time of 18 June 2012, 15:47:20).
(b) The IP address of the FTP-server from where it came is allocated to an ISP in Sweden

Very well stated. These are my concerns as well. The DNS-345 and DNS-325 had new firmware releases within the past week or so. Let's hope the DNS-320 is next.  ;)

GeKVe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 03:16:54 AM »

I really need the 2.03b03 firmware, as my NAS is in a state where i can't use it at all (constantly freezes due to 0byte files) :(
- If someone have access to it, and would be kind enough to email it to me - it would really be appreciated!
Bought my 320 in Norway, and guess it would mean it's the same version as in UK & SWE?

xbrav

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »

I really need the 2.03b03 firmware, as my NAS is in a state where i can't use it at all (constantly freezes due to 0byte files) :(
- If someone have access to it, and would be kind enough to email it to me - it would really be appreciated!
Bought my 320 in Norway, and guess it would mean it's the same version as in UK & SWE?

As a workaround, I don't get the 0kb file size issue when connecting via FTP. I've been using a free program called NetDrive to simulate a mapped disk drive through FTP. It's worked amazingly so far.

Obviously, when we get the next release, I'll switch back to NFS.

crwro

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »

I'm using FTP via Netdrive too and had the  0kb file problem using it ( also on NFS) after I was forced to update from v2.00 due to a 3 TB drive upgrade. One of the forum users was kind enough to point me to the v2.03b03 deleted link (many thanks!) and I can confirm that it works.
Since the update I've transfered 200+ Gb and had no 0kb files, no CRC mismatches, no other problems.
I've just signed up to this forum and I may not be familiar with the rules, but it seems that v2.03b03 firmware solves a serious problem (unlike the previous versions after 2.00) and it's difficult to understand why the link was deleted instead of warning users that it's an unofficial version of dubious provenience and they should use it at their own risk. I'm happy I did and now I have a functional NAS.

neddie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »

God, Itīs unbelievable, i upgrade to FW v2.03b01, and it seems i lost 600 GB of data, and i got no chance to downgrade, seriously?, i cant do anything to recover my files? D link release a firmware that corrupt your files and dont bring you the posibility to acces to a firmware that solve the problem? I dont understand, it got no sense. 

Please Help Me, Thanks in advance.

My english itīs no good i Know, but i think, you guys, got the idea.

sigfreund

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »

I am really surprised that D-Link doesn't pull v2.03b01.  I was lucky to have read some warnings about it and have stuck to 2.00.  What really surprises me is where is this mysterious v2.03b03?  After some initial claims of greatness, it was pulled while more and more suffer with a clearly bad b01.  I have been very happy with my DNS-320 when factoring in price/performance but some of these missteps are really costing D-Link's reputation.  I wish D-Link would release all source code and allow us to develop the firmware ourselves.  With this low price and Open source firmware development I think this device could really take off.

hongaun

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 07:42:17 PM »

Since 2.03b1 is a beta firmware, there's no obligation for Dlink to pull it down really. Its like a nightly build for users to try it at their own risk.

I do admit that DLink should just release 2.03b3 given the positive feedback by various users right now.

sigfreund : I second that, seeing how succesfful DDWRT and OpenWRT are in the router world...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4