• March 28, 2024, 12:51:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Detection Completely Inop DCS-8525LH  (Read 5396 times)

spaceboy13

• Level 1 Member
Motion Detection Completely Inop DCS-8525LH
« on: March 26, 2022, 11:28:38 AM »

Have had this camera for a couple months.  I'm really starting to hate it.  The live feed is great, but for the life of me cannot get the motion detection to work... at ALL.  I've inserted and formatted the appropriate SD card.  I've turned on the "phone a friend" thing, and set up the motion areas with sensitivity at 100%.  I do jumping jacks in the front yard... nothing.  No events recorded on my card at all. 

I thought perhaps it had more to do with some sonar or IR thing that was being obscured by glass (we keep in *inside* the house on a windowsill, looking outside - so it doesn't work at night but that's okay).  I waved my fingers in front the camera inside the house... still nothing.  Its like it isn't even connected. 

All the posts I've found are really old or for other models.  There is no other buttons to click on the mydlink mobile app or the computer web version. 

THinking of returning but don't have the box and Amazon would cry.  Might be more fun to swing at it in the driveway with a bat.  Then get a better one.  Ugh.  Any help would be appreciated.