• March 28, 2024, 01:02:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492708 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2013, 07:13:07 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display firmware version build number in web interface
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to emporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2013, 08:53:05 AM »

I'm not sure when this was addressed, but it appears under v1.06 that the DCS-932L supports passwords exceeding 8 characters. Passwords also support special characters.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to emporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

• [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »

Also fixed:

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode

• General - Daylight savings time support [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »

Are there DCS-932L owners that can validate whether any outstanding requests on this list were satisfied? I recently noticed that the password length request and image zoom request were addressed.

Thanks!  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2013, 09:12:17 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode

• Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

Kelly W

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

When the camera switches between day / night mode, it seems to recognize this as motion detection.  If the day / night is on a daily timer, that will generate at least 2 false motion detections per day.  My camera log is full of them...

It might be useful to have the firmware disable / ignore motion detection prior to switching day / night mode, then reactivate motion detection after the image has stabilized again a second or two later.

Kelly

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2013, 04:51:17 AM »

When the camera switches between day / night mode, it seems to recognize this as motion detection.  If the day / night is on a daily timer, that will generate at least 2 false motion detections per day.  My camera log is full of them...

It might be useful to have the firmware disable / ignore motion detection prior to switching day / night mode, then reactivate motion detection after the image has stabilized again a second or two later.

Kelly

This request is already on the list here:

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2013, 04:51:59 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2013, 07:39:27 PM »

i also wish to see the TOTAL UP time since usually we access the camera remotely.

General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, TOTAL UP/RUNNING time)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #191 on: March 09, 2013, 02:53:37 PM »

i also wish to see the TOTAL UP time since usually we access the camera remotely.

General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, TOTAL UP/RUNNING time)

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #192 on: March 09, 2013, 02:57:01 PM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)\
  • General - Track and display total uptime and total running time

sip06pp

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2013, 10:39:21 AM »

Hello,

I believe the most needed feature by far that need to be addressed by firmware are:

Motion sensor on schedule
Video Recording on schedule
HTTPS

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »

Hello,

I believe the most needed feature by far that need to be addressed by firmware are:

Motion sensor on schedule
Video Recording on schedule
HTTPS

Agreed! Motion detection on a schedule is a feature making its way onto the newer model Cloud cameras.  These features you mention are available in the Surveillance Center app that works on the DNR-322L, DNS-325L, and DNS-345.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20