• March 28, 2024, 01:42:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Why my router system date has changed to jan 1970? Is there a fix for it?  (Read 4181 times)

jraju

• Level 2 Member

Hi, i enclose the status page, where the details could be seen.
i tried copy computer time in  time settings in router, nope.
I changed to manual ntp server to pool.ntp.org, that changes the date, but goes back on reboot and some time in next few days.
1.Is there a fix.
2.Should i pay to get the date and time server to fix the problem
3.Can i change to telent command to change it without affecting anything.
4.How to enable telnet command in my dsl 2730 new model router
5.Will it affect my internet access, as ipconfig all shows lease time of  the day and the next day on going to ipconfig commands
can i expect a detailed reply from the experts on all the points , point by point so that every user will be benefited.
the link of image
https://ibb.co/W0VGV16

jraju

• Level 2 Member

Hi, why experts are not replying . Can i expect asolution.
How to check that my system time in router is always working correctlyl

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

This devices isn't sold or supported in the US there this forums is based, thus experts are not responding.

You could try resetting back to factory setting and reconfigure. Also make sure you have the latest firmware.

Have you tried different NTP servers?

You may need to contact tech support in your region since the unit may be defective. I looked at our database and did not see a NTP/Time issue with this product so it may be isolated to your device. 

jraju

• Level 2 Member

Thank you for your kind reply.
Is there any free dlink ntp server that i could use.
i will try to set to the dlilnk time server.
Please provide. I am having 1.11 genuine version latest firmware for the model.
Please also support, indian users who want technical quidance
Eventhough advice is specific to the models, general instructions may be provided .
I get more news and ideas by reading this forum.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

You can try any public time server. Also I do not know of any D-Link time server that would charge money to use. Do not ever pay for that.

https://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/in

http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

If the time settings are not saving, I am concerned there may be a hardware issue. I am not sure if this model has a battery on-board or not but possibly it is low. If there isn't then possibly there is a defect.

The router will query the NTP server in invervals (usually like 1 time an hour) so if the internet is down or the NTP server does not reply, the time may reset in the router.

I believe there are telnet capabilities with this router line but did not find any "public" documentation or commands. Most of the DSL devices were sold to specific Internet providers and their techs had access to telnet.