D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-2680

Repeated ConnectToServer failure in logs

(1/6) > >>

druben:
My system log shows constant attempts to ConnectToServer failing.  Most of the router behavior seems ok, but I do have one laptop that has frequent problems connecting to internet sites as if it has no DNS service, and then it will start working again later.  I was getting these with FW v1.4 and tried back-leveling to 1.3 but get the same error.  Here are the messages:

Dec 29 11:56:00 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 1
Dec 29 11:56:01 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 2
Dec 29 11:56:02 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 3
Dec 29 11:56:03 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect() failed path:/var/run/mdnsd Socket:27 Err:-1 Errno:2 No such file or directory
Dec 29 11:56:03 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub DNSServiceRefDeallocate called with NULL DNSServiceRef
Dec 29 11:56:06 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 1
Dec 29 11:56:07 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 2
Dec 29 11:56:08 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 3
Dec 29 11:56:09 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect() failed path:/var/run/mdnsd Socket:27 Err:-1 Errno:2 No such file or directory
Dec 29 11:56:09 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub DNSServiceRefDeallocate called with NULL DNSServiceRef
Dec 29 11:56:12 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 1
Dec 29 11:56:13 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 2
Dec 29 11:56:14 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect()-> No of tries: 3
Dec 29 11:56:15 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub ConnectToServer: connect() failed path:/var/run/mdnsd Socket:27 Err:-1 Errno:2 No such file or directory
Dec 29 11:56:15 dlinkrouter user.warn syslog: dnssd_clientstub DNSServiceRefDeallocate called with NULL DNSServiceRef

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
* Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
* Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?  Link> >FW Update Process

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Where did you get v1.04 from? Current released version is v1.03. At least for the NA region.

druben:
I'm in North Carolina, US.  Connecting wireless from multiple devices.  One laptop is having more issues than any other device.  It frequently tells me I have no internet access or cannot find any external URLs.  I did NOT do a factory reset before or after firmware updates, and have never done that with any other router I've owned.  This D-Link router is replacing an ASUS RT-N66U that worked without problems for this laptop.

My ISP is Spectrum cable. I use my own modem, a NETGEAR CM600.

FW v1.04 is the version that the modem wants me to install when I go to the Upgrade page in the Admin console.

I've updated the settings to turn off SmartConnect as it was causing issues communicating between my computer and wireless printer (different bands could not talk to each other).  I've also updated DNS settings to use Google DNS instead of my ISP.  This has improved things slightly, but still have frequent problems connecting to the internet using this router from this one laptop.

FurryNutz:
Please factory reset the router and setup from scratch and then let us know if these log entries are still present.

Ill check with D-Link to see if v1.04 maybe posted to the update servers and not posted to the download web site yet. I believe v1.04 was posted however was pulling from public use. May have been re-posted again.

FurryNutz:
Ok, I just put my 2680 online behind a CM1100 modem.
I see v1.04 is available.
New Firmware Version: 1.04
New Firmware Date: 2019/10/2

I'll check with D-Link on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version