• March 28, 2024, 11:20:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: video playback fine but no audio  (Read 4355 times)

alfie

video playback fine but no audio
« on: May 11, 2008, 06:39:46 AM »

I have been recording TV using a WINTV card. The analog stations play back fine but the digital quam cable stations have no audio when played back on the DSM 520

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: video playback fine but no audio
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:18:24 AM »

What software is used to create your media files? What settings are used for audio? Also very that you digital receiver supports the digital signal format as in the file you created. the DSM-520 is a pass though device using digital audio so the receiver must support the audio type you choose when creating media files.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

alfie

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »

The HD digital cable quam signal is recorded in mpeg 2 with AC3 audio format.  Both my HD Pioneer plasma and a Sony digital receiver support the AC3 format so I am not understanding why if the 520DSM is a pass thru device I can't get audio on playback.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:27:28 AM »

Do you have any downloaded video media with AC3 audio you can test? It could be something with you software you are using creating a proprietary format?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream