• April 24, 2024, 10:29:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No sound  (Read 3613 times)

haroldlind

No sound
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:17:25 PM »

Hi,

I have recently purchased a dsm-320 and have been trying to get dvd's to work.  I am using nero 8 recode to produce mp4 files with the following settings:

Nero digital with profile nero digital standard.

With this I can get the movie to display, which it doesn't do with profile nero digital avc.  But I don't get any sound.  It looks like the profile nero digital standard uses audio codec mp3.  If I try to use ac3 which is the only other choice, I get that the format of the file is not supported or a hang with the watch dial just spinning.

Anyone else worked past this issue?

thanks in advance,

h.

simoncutting

• Level 1 Member
Re: No sound
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:39:10 AM »

I also tried Nero and had the same results.  After a lot of experimenting with different programs I found one called AutoGK which works a treat, and will produce avi files that have Dolby sound which the DSM can play.  AutoGK is free, fast and easy to use.  Nero is fiddling while the DSM burns...  :D  I could never get it to work.

You can download the full verison of AutoGK from http://www.autogk.me.uk/

Good luck.

skeil909

Re: No sound
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »

Nero Recode 3 isn't supported.

You would need to get Nero Recode 2 from Nero 7.x.  Personally, I haven't found anything better than AutoGK.