• April 24, 2024, 10:34:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IS THIS POSSIBLE??  (Read 4448 times)

rainman1962

• Level 1 Member
IS THIS POSSIBLE??
« on: January 24, 2010, 03:13:06 PM »

I have a DSM 520 connected to my wired LAN and home stereo.  I would like to be able to hear ANY audio that comes from my computer speakers (muted) on my home stereo whether is originates from WM library, iTunes Library or from the internet such as internet radio.  Is this possible?  If so, what software allows this.  I do not want to use the Dlink server and MediaLounge as they require use of the TV set to select songs.  The same is true for Tversity.  My preference is using WM or iTunes as playlists are already established.

Thanks in advance.  Also, if the answer is elusive here, maybe someone could refer me to another forum that may have the answer.

Jeff

fccgrant

• Level 2 Member
Re: IS THIS POSSIBLE??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:54:06 AM »

If you're taking the DSM-520 out of the setup then you need something different.  Check out avsforum.com.  They will more likely have something that will fit what you want to do. 

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »

Sorry this device does not do this how you explain however if you are using Windows7 you can right click on an album and goto "Play to" and select the DSM-520 and it will push the files to the DSM-520 and output from your stereo system. 
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

rainman1962

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:13:09 PM »

Actually, I figured out how to do some of it...

Using Cidero, Tversity and Windows Media, I was able to route the audio (video works too but obviously the TV needs to be on in this case;)) to my home stereo.

Simply allowing media sharing in Windows Media I was able to control the streaming from Windows Media, Tversity or Dlink servers with Cidero.  I guess iTunes does not have a server so I can't use my iTunes playlists.  Also, I can't directly re-stream audio from the internet (ie., internet radio) to my home stereo.  I must process the feed through Tversity.

Not the most elegant solution but it works.  Anyone have suggestions for improvement?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »

looks like you got it handled I just prefer Windows7 if you have it, it makes it really simple and no additional software.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream