• March 28, 2024, 10:12:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Link Active TV Online has a bad Memory Leak  (Read 6156 times)

Blackwolf

D-Link Active TV Online has a bad Memory Leak
« on: January 27, 2008, 02:18:01 AM »

Well, I downloaded the software listed above, and installed it on my Windows Vista Home Premium box.  After experiencing several lockups with the software and having to kill it with the Task Manager, I decided to see exactly what was going on.

Here's what I found:  While running the software from my computer, I ran the task manager and observed the memory that program ehshell.exe was using under the processes tab.  The memory was already at 80000+ MB being used ???, and steadily climbed well past 120,000+ MB being used :o, all this without clicking on anything or trying to access content.

Whoever developed this program needs to go in and figure out what is going on: why is more and more memory being consumed the longer the program is running, and why does it eventually lock up.

Point is - the software is useless if you can't run it because it consumes more and more memory, eventually causing the program to lock up.  I suppose I should be grateful that it doesn't cause the whole machine to crash!   ;D

V/R

Blackwolf

dicrouthamel

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-Link Active TV Online has a bad Memory Leak
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »

I agree :)

I'm actually running Active-TV on Virtual PC running XP Pro.  I had to many connectivity issues (inconsistent) when running Active-TV with Vista Ultimate.

Willobee

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »

I am running active TV on a XP box. No problems. Is active TV Vista compatible?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:22:01 PM »

Yes. The ActiveTV software supports Win XP and Vista 32 bit.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 01:58:35 PM »

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ComputingSolutions/0,,30_288_14819,00.html#Reference

Active TV requires a PC using either Microsoft® Windows® XP or Microsoft® Vista®, and a simple one-time installation of Active TV software to format and distribute TV-web channels to Active TV-enabled TV devices. A wired or wireless 802.11 home network is required to connect each TV and STB to the networked PC. Broadband service to the home is also needed to deliver PC-web content to the PC, and TV-web channels to Active TV enabled TV devices.
Meanest person you know

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 03:35:29 PM »

Please try the new AcitveTV software available on the DSM-520 support website.

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DSM%2D520
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream