• April 19, 2024, 03:34:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Intermittent HDMI problem  (Read 13538 times)

rob_t

• Level 2 Member
Intermittent HDMI problem
« on: April 09, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »

My DSM-750 has developed a problem which seems to come & go. Sometimes it will not output to HDMI after the initial 480i splash screen - i.e. after the splash screen, the TV says "no input" after a few seconds. When it's working the video format switches from 480i to 720p at this point. It will output fine to component video. A few days later with nothing changed it will all of a sudden decide to start working with HDMI output again.

Anyone else seen this. Any clues?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Intermittent HDMI problem
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 09:17:22 AM »

Did you try removing and resetting both ends of the HDMI cable?  Alternatively, you can swap out the HDMI cable.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

rob_t

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:53:14 PM »

Re-seated both ends of the cable with no effect, also changing the cable had no effect. It's definitely not cable related. (The same cables have been rock solid with other devices, also the HDMI of the TV works solidly with other devices, so I don't think it's the TV - but that was one thing I was still wondering about).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:47:11 AM »

Re-seated both ends of the cable with no effect, also changing the cable had no effect. It's definitely not cable related. (The same cables have been rock solid with other devices, also the HDMI of the TV works solidly with other devices, so I don't think it's the TV - but that was one thing I was still wondering about).

This is a hail Mary pass, but you can try resetting the unit to the factory defaults and see if the problem corrects itself.  Worst case is you exclude software corruption as the culprit.  Just make sure you backup your settings in case you need to restore.

Also, regarding your TV, I assume you tested other HDMI ports to rule out that particular port as problematic.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:52:54 AM by JavaLawyer »

schmecky

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

I have had the same problems...  I have to hook up component or composit and re-run the output config (reconfigure for HDMI, 720p, widescreen, and 5.1 output)

This just appears to be one of several problems with the 750 that will likely never be corrected...

My advice would be to not buy another Dlink media player in the future, as their lack of support with this 750 since I bought it has soured my opinion of D-Link

rob_t

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:04:45 PM »

Still waiting for it to fail again so I can try some more debugging. That's the problem with intermittent problems, you can't debug them on your terms.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »

Still waiting for it to fail again so I can try some more debugging. That's the problem with intermittent problems, you can't debug them on your terms.

If your lucky the problem may have resolved itself.  Keep your fingers crossed.