• April 19, 2024, 04:22:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DES-1228P stops passing network traffic after enabling LLDP  (Read 6345 times)

n7qot

• Level 1 Member
DES-1228P stops passing network traffic after enabling LLDP
« on: December 17, 2008, 03:17:08 PM »

I am setting up a new DES-1228P switch and (3) DWL-3140AP's.  When setting up the switch I can't use the Smart Console Utility (Ver: 2.01.06) to set the static IP or change the PW.  I managed to statically assign an IP to my PC and got into the web interface and configure the IP, Password, then rebooted.  I then logged back in and enabled SNMP and applied, then rebooted again.  I was still able to browse the internet and get to the switch.  I logged into the interface again and enabled LLDP and applied the change.  Rebooted and now I can't access the interface nor can I get DHCP assigned addresses to my PC or Access points.  I statically assigned an IP to my PC and still can't get to the web interface or allow me to use the D-Link utility to scan for it.
My DHCP server is coming from a Draytek 2820 ADSL router.
The FW version on the switch is 1.30.15.  The hardware version of the switch is A2
The odd thing is that I also have another one of these switches and access points setup at another location, but it has a hardware version of A1 and a FW version of 1.20.12 and it works perfectly with the Smart console utility and the WLAN Manager.
Is there some sort of bug in the new hardware version A2 or the FW of 1.30.15?  Has anyone else run into these issues?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Fatman

• Poweruser
  • Level 9 Member
Re: DES-1228P stops passing network traffic after enabling LLDP
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »

Please call BCS Support at 1 877 354 6555.  We should be able to walk you through this in a jiff.
non progredi est regredi