• March 28, 2024, 03:02:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: wireless speed  (Read 3731 times)

firestorm31

• Level 1 Member
wireless speed
« on: November 25, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »

how fast are you fellas getting the router at?

I just recently fixed my wireless connection issue with my new asus G71gx-x2 laptop.  I went from "couldn't get the connection to work" to "unsecured connection" and finally to secured WPA2 connection.

I noticed that the wireless connection status that connection was running at 54mbps.

Oh yeah, the routers super G is greyed out.

the laptop's card appears to be the Azurewave AR5891.
dilbert firestorm

firestorm31

• Level 1 Member
Re: wireless speed
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »

in addition.  a question.  does turbo G bring the connection up to 108bps?

from what I can tell, the 2310 router doesn't support n protocol and my wireless card doesn't seem to support turbo G.  sounds like I need to get a card that supports turbo g?
dilbert firestorm

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: wireless speed
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 01:22:35 PM »

in addition.  a question.  does turbo G bring the connection up to 108bps?

from what I can tell, the 2310 router doesn't support n protocol and my wireless card doesn't seem to support turbo G.  sounds like I need to get a card that supports turbo g?

You want speed? Best bet? IMO is to throw this heap of s*!t DLINK call a router away and buy something which does "N".

Many (most?) of us who have got them to work properly only seem to get them working for a few days (hours?) before they need rebooting. See this thread: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=1265.0

Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 01:25:22 PM by bjrichus »