• April 19, 2024, 01:23:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help with a DI524  (Read 3445 times)

clayman1000x

• Level 1 Member
Help with a DI524
« on: December 04, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »

I know this is the wrong place for this model of router but another area is not available and I know that this model is no longer supported by dlink. I am using a DI524 that has been updated to firmware 3.23 through a custom built AMD machine with 2 Ethernet jacks and a wireless G card, my laptop is a Dell Latitude D400 with a Dell Truemobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI card. I am having problems with connections for my wired desktop and my wireless laptop. When I first set this network up it all worked fine for about 6 months, then all of a sudden my laptop and my desktop quit connecting, or actually disconnecting and reconnecting. Now my laptop won't even connect from as far away as 20 to 30 feet when it used to do that. Does anyone know if problems with this router are common, especially with heat buildup. Cause I found that if I unplug the router and let it sit for awhile and cool off, I can plug it back in and works fine for a half an hour then starts disconnecting again, but the wireless still won't connect from 20 to 30 feet away. Right now it is only 5 feet away and still having connection problems, can anyone help?

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: Help with a DI524
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 05:21:02 AM »

Sounds like this is another bit of DLINK gear that does what you report.

Recommendation from a DLINK customer who has this kind of problem too... buy another brand.

Not that anyone elses gear is bug-free, but at least most of them seem to work!

:o