• March 28, 2024, 06:01:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-930L Wireless setup problems  (Read 6543 times)

jellyville

• Level 1 Member
DCS-930L Wireless setup problems
« on: July 15, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »

I am having trouble setting up the DCS-930L with my wireless network. I am able to get it up and running while wired, however it refuses to accept my wireless settings. When running the setup wizard, I get to the point where it starts counting down saying "Restarting network (xx)" (with xx being a countdown from 60), however when the count gets to 55, it just reverts back and says that my settings could not be saved and to try again. Trying again just yields the same results every time. When I tried to manually enter my information, it does not let me enter the length of my wireless password. My router is set up as a 64-bit WEP and the password is 10 characters long. However, at 64 bits, the web GUI only accepts a maximum of 5 characters. Even at 128 bits, it only accepts 13 characters (no more, no less). For the fun of it, I tried entering it into WPA2, but that did nothing. As I have a lot of wireless devices using this password, I cannot believe that my setup is weird or that I am typing it in incorrectly...and it also makes me very hesitant to change any settings just to get this working. Is there anything else I can try? Or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

baskaran.subr

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-930L Wireless setup problems
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »

I am seeing the same problem. I am using an Apple Airport Extreme (1st gen) base station configured to use WPA2 Personal security setting. I tried both the short passphrase as well as the WPA Pre-Shared Key. But, the camera does not take them.

baskaran.subr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »

It looks like the camera will not use the WiFi network until I power it down, disconnect the ethernet and the power it back up! This was not documented anywhere and their software acts as if I didn't have to do any of that!

HanryJoyner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:54:27 AM »

I had the same problem about 2 months ago, And cant resolve it until now.