• April 25, 2024, 07:56:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM520 - Can't find pictures  (Read 5443 times)

Halm

DSM520 - Can't find pictures
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:31:39 PM »

DSM-520 running V1.06, Media Server running V1.10, NAS (Buffalo LinkStation), Wireless network

The 520 will find and play music just fine, but ANY pics, (album art, family pics, anything at all) all come up as 'No Content'. The 520 will find the folders in Media Server, but claims there is no content. I've refreshed the server folders a dozen times, no change. Any ideas? The pics in question are all JPGs.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:34:32 PM by Halm »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DSM520 - Can't find pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 01:17:51 PM »

Do you have this issue trying to access these same photos if you are using the D-Link Media server program or Windows media player 11 as your media server?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Halm

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:19:33 PM »

NO, the pics are there in any other method of access.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »

Are the images from you personal Hi resolution camera? Have you tried photos in standard resolutions such as the default picture that come in the My Photos folder in your documents. Unfortunately we do not have the Buffalo station to test the DSM-520 with but I have seen some issues with viewing these hi res photo's from some UPnP AV Media servers so the issue may be in your NAS device. Perhaps see if there is a firmware update for you NAS and I would recommend creating a post for other that may be using this device as well to see if they have had and resolved this same issue or if it is working fine or them. I hate to seem like I am just point fingers at the none D-Link device but it does work from all of our NAS device and many others s on the market. 

Halm

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »

Yes the photos are from my camera. Nikon D60, 10.2 megapixel, JPG format. Cannot be found on the NAS by the 520. Message is something like 'No content found'.

In addition, when photos at ANY RESOLUTION are displayed thru the DLINK MEDIA SERVER on my 520 (hooked up to my Panasonic 50' Plasma 16:9 ) the pics are distorded. Have set the 520 to 1080i, component out, 16:9 ratio, keep pics in original format. They  are stretched to the 16:9 format, rather than displayed in original aspect ratio.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:09:04 PM by Lycan »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »

It look like there is an issue with the Hi resolution image files and the UPnP AV media server of the Buffalo NAS device. The DSM-520 is unable to see and images available when looking the the device.

For your issue with the images that do work and the aspect ratio we are looking into this problem with the images being stretch when using HDMI on a 16:9 ratio television screen.