• April 19, 2024, 01:46:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Locked up DSM-520 after upgrade  (Read 3928 times)

becicadoc

• Level 1 Member
Locked up DSM-520 after upgrade
« on: August 16, 2009, 09:52:33 AM »

Last night I saw an upgrade to my DSM-520 offered when I turned it on and I accepted. It took a fairly long time to process. Now the remote does not work . The screen shows the D-link screen saver with the D-link logo moving across the screen . In the center of the screen is a green square containing a black segmented circle. When I turn off the DSM-520 and turn it back on there is no change. What do I do now?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Locked up DSM-520 after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »

Please try resetting the unit using the reset located on the back of the unit. You will need a paper clip or something to push in the button and hold for 5 seconds. If this does not correct the issue please contact technical support via phone.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

becicadoc

• Level 1 Member
Re: Locked up DSM-520 after upgrade
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 05:07:24 AM »

After the reset the screen became disrupted. It now shows a black and white screen with the words d-link and media lounge rapidly repeated on the screen but moving vertically over time like a TV with vertival control lost. There is no color and the previous circle is gone. I will contact support.