• April 26, 2024, 07:19:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Deleting from the BT folder  (Read 10811 times)

FastM

• Level 2 Member
Deleting from the BT folder
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »

So, just wondering if there is a reasonable fix out yet? Iv'e stopped using it but i have a couple 700meg files i'd like to delete

anyway, Formating is NOT an option, so no offense but dont post if that is included in your fix.

thanks.

flibottf

• Level 1 Member
Re: Deleting from the BT folder
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:00:41 AM »

So, just wondering if there is a reasonable fix out yet? Iv'e stopped using it but i have a couple 700meg files i'd like to delete

anyway, Formating is NOT an option, so no offense but dont post if that is included in your fix.

thanks.

waiting for a solution as well and ASAP!  I've got tons of gigs in completed torrent....

sgtdale

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 10:14:06 AM »

can you log on as root and delete them?

;D

FastM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 10:58:07 AM »

Iv'e tried re-creating my user and creating the ALL share. None will let me delete from that folder.

Maybe going back to 1.4 firmware? I dont feel like being a guinea pig. I have a TB of data I dont want to mess around with

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »

The only way i found to fix the problems (delete the file) is to format the drive.
The only problems, is that i need to format both drive....
I try everything, and it's the only way i found to fix this issue.... That mean i will stop using the BT application until the bugs are fixed.

thanks god, i have enough place on my computer to backup everything before the formating.

mcduarte2000

• Level 2 Member
    • Miguel Duarte
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »

The only way i found to fix the problems (delete the file) is to format the drive.

Just use the "secret webserver" (web/wfs_login.asp). I could delete the files (both with the administrator password or a "normal" user password).

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »

Just use the "secret webserver" (web/wfs_login.asp). I could delete the files (both with the administrator password or a "normal" user password).
Thanks... but i still can't delete. I can rename the folder with this tools, but when i try to delete : "Delete Volume_1/BT/complete/The-Eye faild.Directory not empty".
I think the BT application put the file in READ-ONLY mode, or keep the file open. I reboot the nas, reset,.. nothing work to delete the file.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 04:20:04 AM by Banshee1971 »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »

Please make sure the BT is completed and removed from the unit using the Clear completed button in the BitTorrent config page.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mcduarte2000

• Level 2 Member
    • Miguel Duarte
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 02:26:08 PM »

Please make sure the BT is completed and removed from the unit using the Clear completed button in the BitTorrent config page.

I believe you mean the "Remove Completed" button (cross). It doesn't work. It removes the torrent from the BitTorrent download manager but the files stay on the DNS-323 and can't be removed (unless using the hidden file manager).

Regards,

Miguel Duarte

FastM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »

sry but the hidden file manager doesn't work either.

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »

already done that...

something weird !!!
I insert new Torrent... when finish, i delete them (after remove finish torrent from web interface), and i try to remove the last file, and now... it'S working.

Starting new download seem to have clear the READ only attribe...

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »

already done that...

something weird !!!
I insert new Torrent... when finish, i delete them (after remove finish torrent from web interface), and i try to remove the last file, and now... it'S working.

Starting new download seem to have clear the READ only attribe...

Before when you could not delete these files did you happen to notice if you have anything uploading in the Total speeds: upload: or even the download: or were all fields blank with no activity?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

FastM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 07:26:55 AM »

everything is blank. I havent tried adding a new torrent but i will tonight.

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

Before when you could not delete these files did you happen to notice if you have anything uploading in the Total speeds: upload: or even the download: or were all fields blank with no activity?

Everything was finish. I notice that i'm able to delete the folder after start a new torrent, and finish it. I seem to solve the problems to delete the folder.
note : I reset the NAS, format all drive and start over, more thant 10 times during 1 weeks testing. I got the same result all the time !

I seem that the BT program sometime forget to add the "Delete" right. The only way to have this right appear, is to start some new torrent download, and when i click to remove the finish torrent, it seem to give the "delete" right to the torren i cannot delete. Also, i'm able to rename the folder of the download file (but not able to delete the file...weird).

Now when i got some torren i cannot delete, i'm waiting fiew download and try again.

mcduarte2000

• Level 2 Member
    • Miguel Duarte
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 10:06:36 AM »

I seem that the BT program sometime forget to add the "Delete" right. The only way to have this right appear, is to start some new torrent download, and when i click to remove the finish torrent, it seem to give the "delete" right to the torren i cannot delete. Also, i'm able to rename the folder of the download file (but not able to delete the file...weird).

I don't know. I just downloaded a lot of things and actually today I could delete almost all of them (all of which I couldn't delete in the past)... And yes, I can rename some that are not possible to delete...
Pages: [1] 2