• March 28, 2024, 08:57:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-855 MYSTERY! 50-80% loss of Internet speed compared to direct LAN-connection  (Read 4002 times)

SatinJacketBoy

• Level 1 Member

Hey all :)

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place - and if I am, please direct me to the correct forum. Thanks.

All of a sudden - having had no problems since the day of purchase in March 2009) I'm having some rather peculiar problems with the DIR-855 - problems which have arisen over the last few days.

Here is the problem:
When connected to the internet from my Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop via the DIR-855 I experience vastly reduced connection speeds - in the case of the upload speed it is so low that I'm unable to send emails with attachments. Uploading photos to Facebook and other upload tasks take forever and most often fail completely.

I have a 15 MB (down) / 1 MB (up) ADSL (land line-based) connection from www.fullrate.dk, which when LAN connected effectively gives me about 12 MB (down) and 0.8 MB (up).

However, when connected through the DIR-855 I now get only 6 MB (down) and about 0.1 MB (up) (!). This, as I'm sure you can appreciate, is most unsatisfactory. The wireless signal is very strong, so that's not the issue.

I have tested the wireless speed from another computer and got the exact same results, so it doesn't seem to be a problem in my laptop configuration. It really does seem that the loss of speed happens in the DIR-855.

I'm very puzzled by this - and I have, naturally, resat the DIR-855 and reconfigured it (twice). I even changed the channels several times but to no avail.

Can anyone help me out??

Peace,

SJB