• April 19, 2024, 08:20:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Will Motion Sensor work thru Glass Window ?  (Read 13196 times)

urlybird

• Level 1 Member
DCS-932L - Will Motion Sensor work thru Glass Window ?
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »

Will the DCS-932L motion sensor work thru a glass window.

I want to monitor the driveway area thru a house windows

Thanks !

urlybird

pykr

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Will Motion Sensor work thru Glass Window ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »

i have the 930L and it works fine for me, but i'm only monitoring up to 6ft outside.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »

Will the DCS-932L motion sensor work thru a glass window.

Yes. Motion detection compares pixel changes between video frames. If you can visually see any motion on the video feed, then the software will certainly detect the changes. If the window is not completely transparent (i.e. dirty), you can adjust the sensitivity accordingly.

Although I don't foresee any issues with Night Mode, I have read one thread where a single DCS-932L user complained that the IR sensor for Night Mode reflected off the window, causing the image to wash out. Again, this was only one complaint and isn't something you will necessarily encounter.

i have the 930L and it works fine for me, but i'm only monitoring up to 6ft outside.

Yes, the DCS-930L works well during the day, but doesn't have Night Mode like the DCS-932L.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 05:54:28 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Ken

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:17:40 PM »

Yes you can record through a window. However, be careful how you set the view. Contrast between shadows and sunlight blows out the sunlit area to where nothing registers in that area. Seems the camera is biased toward shade. At least that's been my experience.

Ken

DCS-930
DCS-932L