The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

DIR-895L Slow Copy File Over Wireless

(1/8) > >>

herv:
Hi, i use DIR-895L and DWA-192, Windows 10 64 bit.
i Plug 1 TB harddisk WDC in USB 3 port. When i try to copy it over Ethernet Gigabit, it reach arround 50 MB/s
but when i copy it over Wireless 5 Ghz, its just ~18 MB/s

i've try firmware : DIR-895L_REVA_FIRMWARE_1.11.B04_WW, DIR-895L_REVA_FIRMWARE_1.12.B10, but copy file still slow
i try to put usb sandisk extreme pro which is fast than my hdd, but speed still ~18-19 MB/s
and i've try to tweak channel, unfortunately still no luck.

my DWA-192 got 1,3 Gbps, is it normal i got throughput just 18 MB/s ?

i bought this 5300ac flagship router to make some transfer files over wireless network fast than other router. but seem there is bug or something wrong.
anyone can help or share trick to make this router faster like other flagship router? :)
user 895L do you ever got maybe ~50 MB/s or faster when use it?

Just to compare, Here is testimoni user ini ama***, he use As** RT-AC5300 got  ~90 MB/s

Links** EA8500 AC2600 + Killer 1535 wifi card can get throughtput 80 MB/s
https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Networking/Killer-Wireless-AC-1535-Review-MU-MIMO-Era-Begins

And this video review got ~50 MB/s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU5YkW3KbZ8

C'mon, DIR-895L should faster than just ~20 MB/s, please help me how... :D

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Is Smart Connect enabled or disabled when your copying files from the USB drive?
Are other devices connected to the wifi on the 895L while your copying files from the USB drive?
What are the speeds seen if you copy files from a network share on a PC or a NAS drive that's Gb LAN wire connected to the 895L?
How far away is the 192 adapter from the 895L when you copying files? Any building materials between them?

* Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by that maybe causing interferences?
* Any other WiFi routers in the area that maybe causing interferences? Link> Use a WiFi Scanner to find out. How many?
Is the USB drive attached 3.0 or 2.0 compliant?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

herv:
I am from Indonesia.
Smart Connect enabled and disabled, speed still same ~18 MB/s.
It just hdd 1 TB external USB 2.5 WD Passport Connect to router, speed normal if i connected to Laptop ~70 MB/s, and my 3 handphone,
but its doesnt stream or copying any files.
The speed when i try GB LAN wire stuck in ~50 MB/S, tried use 3 different devices, HDD WD passport usb 3.0 2.5, Flashdisk Sandisk Extreme Pro, and SSD Samsung 850 evo that i put in enclosure (usually my ext ssd reach ~400 MB/s when connect to USB 3.0 in my ROG Laptop).
DWA-192 and DIR-895 just 3 meter and there aren't any materials between them.
there aren't any APs near my house, tried wifi analyzer, clean.
USB drive attached 3.0 off course :)
I use Indihome provider.

FurryNutz:
So what is the speed if your test PC with the 192 adapter is connected to the 895L and you have a network share on a wired LAN cable PC thats connected to the 895L and you copy a file from this network share to the PC with the 192 adapter?
What is the speed of the PC if you disconnect the 192 adapter and use it's on board wifi adapter to the same GB wired PC with the network share? 
Whats the speed of the copy file if you connect the 192 to a different router? If you have one by chance.

herv:
So what is the speed if your test PC with the 192 adapter is connected to the 895L and you have a network share on a wired LAN cable PC thats connected to the 895L and you copy a file from this network share to the PC with the 192 adapter?
- DWA-192 and wired LAN connect, speed drop to ~14 MB/s

What is the speed of the PC if you disconnect the 192 adapter and use it's on board wifi adapter to the same GB wired PC with the network share?
Whats the speed of the copy file if you connect the 192 to a different router? If you have one by chance.
-- Onboard wifi Atheros and wired LAN connect, speed ~70 MB/s

i just have another old router N 300 Mbps

DWA-192 Connect

Onboard wifi connect

CMIIW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version