• April 19, 2024, 07:19:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 3214 times)

historypsi

Feature request
« on: April 11, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »

Is there a chance we can get a schedule feature for the System Reboot and Scan Disk options?

-Thanks!

badduck

• Level 1 Member
Re: Feature request
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »

Also include:
1. Allow a single user to be assigned to multiple groups.
2. To have folder quotas, instead of only user quotas.
3. Allow a single share folder (single sharename) to be assigned to multiple groups and/or users.
4. Enable or disable download managers for specific users.
5. Easily allow Windows supply the userid when access the network share via UNC. Currently it's locked and defaulted to <CompName>\Guest
6. Allow users to change their own passwords.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:39:07 PM by badduck »

masternibbler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:59:27 AM »

Hello, i just joined, and am awaiting a response to my first post regarding password problem.  But your feature request #5, seems like it might be related to my problem.  Please explain what that means?   I asked D-Link if i have to be the same user that is logged on the client machine,  and was told no.   So if i set up a user named X with password aaaaa for a folder, but am logged on my client machine as user Y with pw bbbbb, will i be able to log onto the DNS?     Thanks

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57:08 PM »

Are you using vista or XP? My guess is that the OS is automatically locking it to Guest (I assume the username is greyed out and locked from editing). We do not control this on the device side. Your best bet would be to use Windows to Map the network drive, and when mapping select "Connect using a different username". That is where you can put in the username and password that you have configured on your DNS-343.