• March 28, 2024, 10:14:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: X-Box 360 status code: 69-C00D36BE  (Read 22275 times)

ghermz

• Level 1 Member
X-Box 360 status code: 69-C00D36BE
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »

I just setup my DNS-323 in Raid 1 and everything works fine except I can't get AVI files playing from my XBox.

I get the following error:
Can't play this content because it may not be supported. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support.

Status code: 69-C00D36BE

I searched for this error and it appears to happen when the file name is too long but no AVI work so far and it works fine when I play them on my computer. I also worked fine when I was using Windows Media Player from my xbox 360 before getting the DNS-323.

I use Firmware version 1.10.

Any help will be appreciated!
Thx!

ghermz

• Level 1 Member
Re: X-Box 360 status code: 69-C00D36BE
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »

I ended up installing this on my PC: http://tversity.com/

And i'm streaming on my Xbox through my PC and it works now. Would've preferred streaming directly from the DNS-323 but it works :).

If anyone has a solution to stream directly from the DNS-323, i'd still like to try it out!

Thx!

nightshocker

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:38 AM »

most likely is that the xbox does not support the codec that the container avi has.

you could try and find out if there is an update for the xbox or
you could convert them to a codec that the xbox supports.

do you know what codec the avi's are using?
there are tons of codecs out there i think so far there are like 16 different ones for Mpeg4.

Newbie06

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:43:16 PM »

Last weekend I was using my XBOX to play some video files from the DNS-323.  A number of them didn't work due to code issues.  A few of them XBOX told me there was an update available and asked to download which I did.  Those files played fine after the download.  But, XBOX has it's limitations with codecs which is why I don't really like using it as a media player.

My main media player is the Seagate Free Agent Theater Plus.  I have yet to come across a media file which cannot be played on the Seagate FAT+...it works like a charm!  It will even play ISO files and has HDMI connection.