• April 16, 2024, 06:36:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: get ready for a rookie question  (Read 4948 times)

linkpalmer

• Level 1 Member
get ready for a rookie question
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »

Hi there, I installed the DAP-1360 a few weeks ago at my girlfriend's house, connected it to the DIR-625.
anyway, there was a problem with the router (not the repeater) and I had to mess around with it a little to get it working again.

My question: how can I check that the DAP-1360 is still connected and functioning? and how do I go about reconnecting it if it isn't? (is there a way to check on the DIR-625 router page?)

thanks!

pspevak

• Level 1 Member
Re: get ready for a rookie question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:47:28 AM »

With both units on, check the wireless client list to see if the repeater is functioning.  You will need to know the MAC id which is on the bottom of the repeater to know which unit is the repeater when you look at the list on the router.

The repeater could be connected but ineffective which has been my experience.  You should use a standard bandwidth checking application or a signal strength measure to know how effective the repeater is.  you can check your bandwidth or signal strength at the router and compare same when connected to the repeater.