• April 23, 2024, 12:19:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR-2310 cant handle streams?  (Read 3831 times)

alextong

• Level 1 Member
WBR-2310 cant handle streams?
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »

Ok so i have this problem where my router can't seem to handle when my mom streams her asian drama because whenever shes on watching it my internet slows down a lot. Can't really play online games and just my internet in general is slow. So i was wondering is there anything in my router settings that can help fix this or do i just need a way better router? Thanks

kneel

• Level 1 Member
Re: WBR-2310 cant handle streams?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »

if she is streaming from internet and not a local media server then the problem to me sounds like you need more bandwidth from your ISP.  Alot of residential broadband speeds in many countries allow for one or two heavy-bandwidth things only.  If you are uploading a large file for example it takes up the bandwidth you need for downloading large files or streaming heavy video.  So I wouldn't expect to ever be able to do ALL those thigns at once, gaming, streaming videos, torrenting files up and down, etc.  I schedule my activities accordingly to breakup the bandwith usage and not take all mine away, and spike them up at nighttime, in torrent clients for example its good to set schedules or just constantly limit and unlimit bandwidth depending on what else you are doing or planning on doing that will consume badnidth