• March 28, 2024, 04:56:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Firmware Upgrade for DCS-930L and DCS-932L  (Read 74184 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Firmware Upgrade for DCS-930L and DCS-932L
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »

Good to know. I'll ask them when v1.03, Build 3 can be expected for customers in the US.

I am still running v1.00 Build 9 on all six of my cameras, and after reading the release notes, I see some issues I've been encountering resolved in the newer versions.

Some of the issues include:

- Fixed motion detection block area settings incorrect. (fixed in v1.00, Build 10)
- FTP (motion detection mode) upload sometimes stop abnormally. (fixed in v1.01, Build1)

And here are some enhancements I'd like to take advantage of:
- Add e-mail 6 motion frames (3 frames before and 3 frames after motion detection) option (added in v1.01, Build1)
- Support Firmware Restoration on bootcode when update firmware failed. (added in v1.03, Build 3)

I stand corrected. Although the document is posted on their Taiwan site, the firmware is labeled as "ww", which stands for world-wide release.  The china-only releases are labeled differently. There are firmware versions on the site which are china-only and world-wide.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:27:10 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »

You can select the model series and number from this link: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/
From here you'll have an option of downloading the ww (world wide) or country-specific firmware versions.

As I stated in my earlier post, be mindful of the location the firmware is targeted for (e.g. ww, China, CN, etc.)

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 01:39:40 PM »

You can select the model series and number from this link: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/
From here you'll have an option of downloading the ww (world wide) or country-specific firmware versions.

As I stated in my earlier post, be mindful of the location the firmware is targeted for (e.g. ww, China, CN, etc.)

Thanks. In other news, I cannot seem to get into mydlink.com right now. Can you? Each click results in endless waiting for me.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 01:43:13 PM »

Glad to help.

One further note. D-Link (U.S.A.) maintains their United States documentation and firmware here: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dcs930L/

If the firmware is missing from the United States location, there's usually a reason it's not out for distribution. Something to keep in mind.

(still waiting for an RMA on my DCS-932L, so can't comment on your "mydlink.com" issue)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:44:57 PM by JavaLawyer »

tylers

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »

I have three cameras. 1 took the update fine, the other 2 failed the upload and are locked up -flashing red led. In this state there is no way to recover / reload the flash with a valid image. D-Link support issued an RMA for each camera.

Problem now is setting up my motion detection grid. I can't see the grid even though I have the latest Java applet. Anyone else have this issue? Is it because I have the latest Java Version 6 update 26?

Thanks,

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2011, 10:36:14 AM »

Well, I was finally able to log into mydlink yesterday and saw that they changed the "new firmware available" screen. It now looks like this:

I inadvertently clicked on Update now (while at the office -- the cam is at home), and although it's not recommended, the firmware was successfully upgraded via the wireless connection.

The things I've noticed going from 1.00 Build 9 to 1.02 Build 3:

- The Live Video doesn't work now. It shows a blank area where the image should be. And the clock is not updating (using FireFox 3.6, Java 6 Update 26). Same goes for the Setup > Motion Detection screen. Totally blank (white) where the image should be.

- On the mydlink.com site, when I click the Camera Settings tab and then the Camera web page button, my browser tells me that the connection in untrusted to which I then have to add the exception EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to connect. This is because the port changes every single time.

- In the camera's UI, there's a new section under Setup > Mail > Time Schedule > Motion Detection that now captures the 3 images before and 3 images after motion was detected. You can even select the duration between each capture (e.g. 1 second). (The FTP function, however, lacks this new feature and remains unchanged.) So now I get 6 attached images with each email. This is pretty cool. I still wish they would add a SCHEDULE to the motion detection so I that don't get 1,000+ emails every time I decide to wash my car on the driveway!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2011, 07:52:46 PM »

I'm very hesitant to test new beta firmware (or releases) that aren't posted on the primary U.S. distribution sites. From experience, upgrading firmware that so closely impacts the hardware from alternate sources causes more harm than good.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »

At home now. The Live Video function for the updated cam shows fine. Must be a firewall issue at the office.

However, the other 5 cams aren't showing a firmware update available at mydlink.com now, even though they are still on v1.00 Build 9. Also, none of the other cams' names are showing at mydlink.com, just their ID number. Only the name for the flashed cam is showing. Weird. Going to download the 1.02 Build 3 file and try flashing the other five cams manually.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2011, 12:42:16 PM »

Also, since the mydlink site is no longer nagging me about the older firmware on my other 5 cams, I found the v1.02 Build 3 file here:

http://www.mydlink.com/download

Under the DCS-930L section, it shows a firmware version "1.00", but if you click it, it will download 1.02, Build 3. Again, weird!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:38:43 AM by TD99 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »

Also, since the mydlink site is not longer nagging me about the older firmware on my other 5 cams, I found the v1.02 Build 3 file here:

http://www.mydlink.com/download

Under the DCS-930L section, it shows a firmware version "1.00", but if you click it, it will download 1.02, Build 3. Again, weird!

This type of ambiguous updating (and lack of clear notice) is not unique to the DCS-930L. I've experienced similar issues with other D-Link devices.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

Update: Yesterday, from home, I upgraded the firmware on all six cameras from v1.00, Build 9 to v1.02, Build 3 using an Ethernet cable. All six cameras appear to be functioning fine now in their UI while at home, on the mydlink.com site from home, and on mydlink.com from the office.

Using the "mydlink lite" Android application on my phone (LG Optimus S) works fine whether it is connected to my local router via wi-fi, or via Sprint's 3G network. (Note: There is still no time limit when connecting wirelessly to my router while at home, but there is still a 60-second time limit when connecting via Sprint's 3G network.)

However, the LIVE VIDEO function in the camera's UI still does not work from the office (it worked prior to the firmware upgrade). I am sensing that it may have something to do with the newer version of Java and our company's firewall. No matter, I can live with that.

The FTP function also seems to be more reliable now plus I am no longer getting images uploaded with 0 bytes as before. I do like how the email motion-detection function now send me 6 images however, I still wish that the overall motion detection function had a "schedule" feature so the function could be disabled at certain times.

bohughes1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 07:02:50 AM »

I have a DCL930L Current Firmware Version : 1.00 Current Firmware Date : 2010-08-02 and a DCL932L Current Firmware Version : 1.00 Current Firmware Date : 2010-12-20. I update my web set using motion detection and sequence numbering and am facing a few challenges I would like to make sure I have latest firmware. Where do I find this? And is it worth upgrading?

This is my first time on this forum, so go easy.

Bob

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 07:32:42 AM »

I have a DCL930L Current Firmware Version : 1.00 Current Firmware Date : 2010-08-02 and a DCL932L Current Firmware Version : 1.00 Current Firmware Date : 2010-12-20. I update my web set using motion detection and sequence numbering and am facing a few challenges I would like to make sure I have latest firmware. Where do I find this? And is it worth upgrading?

This is my first time on this forum, so go easy.

Bob

1. Visit the following link http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/.
2. Select DCS-932L
3. Download the firmware labeled "ww" (world wide)
4. The DCS-932L web interface contains a function to upload new firmware.

I personally have not tested this version, nor can I attest to the new functionality (i.e. use at your own risk).

bohughes1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2011, 08:30:39 AM »

Thank you. It appears from the release dates that I have the latest versions. For future reference can I just log into the camera and go to Maintenance, Firmware Upgrade, to load the latest firmware?

Bob

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2011, 08:51:29 AM »

Yes. You need to save the firmware locally to your PC and then select the file via the Maintenance tab in the DCS-932L web interface.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5