• March 28, 2024, 04:55:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492737 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2012, 05:03:22 AM »

I will love an option to see my video stream in full screen. I know the resolution is low, but it will be easier to keep an eye on the screen from a distance.

Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2012, 05:04:32 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]

compycompy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2012, 02:38:23 AM »

Hi,
I know that is already there but scheduled motion detection is a must for home cameras where you do not have a recording system.
Either I have to turn on the camera when I leave home and turn it off when I arrive or I have to accept tons of emails with my own movements when at home.
Not at all for home use.
Hope it will be fixed soon
Thanks a lot for the big effort on all the other aspect.
Cheers

dgez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »

I would like to see the ability to tweak privileges for non admin users.  For instance, for a user to be able to toggle sound and night mode on/off.  These types of features were available on the dcs-5300g and dcs-6620

dgez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2012, 06:13:08 AM »

Also, a logging function would be nice

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 07:53:23 AM »

Also, a logging function would be nice

Already on the list: "General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues"

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »

I would like to see the ability to tweak privileges for non admin users.  For instance, for a user to be able to toggle sound and night mode on/off.  These types of features were available on the dcs-5300g and dcs-6620

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]

thorn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2012, 02:45:08 AM »

Also, an Instagram integration would be nice.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »

What is Instagram?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2012, 06:59:28 AM »

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:13 AM »

Unfortunately, that request (although interesting) strays too far from the core functionality of the DCS-932L.  The camera presently has no integration/plug-ins with third party apps and there are many large gaps in the core functionality that need to be addressed up-front.

thorn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2012, 08:27:30 AM »

It's a great pity. :( I use the cam to oversee my ****er spaniel. And I'd like to quickly share funny pictures of it via Instagram or in some other convenient way. What a strange thing that D-Link didn't foresee such use cases. Although social network integrations should be really interesting for camera vendors from the marketing point of view.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2012, 10:09:56 AM »

It's a great pity. :( I use the cam to oversee my ****er spaniel. And I'd like to quickly share funny pictures of it via Instagram or in some other convenient way. What a strange thing that D-Link didn't foresee such use cases. Although social network integrations should be really interesting for camera vendors from the marketing point of view.

There's no doubt that the integration of Instagram would provide value, but judging from the current state of the firmware, I would think that integration with third party software is not planned for the immediate future.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20