• April 24, 2024, 01:31:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Flashing amber, no connection; DCS-936L  (Read 3076 times)

R. Cormier

• Level 1 Member
Flashing amber, no connection; DCS-936L
« on: November 03, 2020, 12:40:02 PM »

Hi all. Anyone still helping with model DCS-936L?

-As of 2am November 1st, the amber light started flashing on the front of my first camera, now just over 2 years old.

The amber LED on the front started flashing 2am November 1st 2020. I did what I could to try to fix it (re-powering, reset, etc) but nothing has worked.
An hour ago I plugged it in again. The infrared LEDs were solid on the front, the power LED at the back was red and solid. At 5 minutes the infrared LEDs switched off and the power LED at the back turned into flashing amber. 5 minutes after that the front LED started flashing amber. It does not connect. It does not factory reset. It cannot be found on the network or MyDlink Lite.

The three other DCS-936L stopped recording MP4s at the same time that the LED started flashing on this camera. But a re-power has them working again. Nothing is working with this one. Of the three, it is the only one that had the most up-to-date firmware version.

I'd really appreciate some help and answers with this. So far no-one seems interested in helping someone with DCS-936l but I'm hoping there are still some good people out there with the answers.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 09:42:19 PM by R. Cormier »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Flashing amber, no connection; DCS-936L
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 07:04:13 PM »

Try a different power supply.

Swap cameras.

Are you able to log into it?