• April 25, 2024, 10:08:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Random Reboots with or without Load on the router  (Read 18796 times)

Mahalo

• Level 1 Member
Re: Random Reboots with or without Load on the router
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »

I'm running a syslogger, but I don't see anything prior to the load syslogs that indicate what might be going on (just the usual blocked ICMP type 3 packets which spam the syslog).

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 04:37:17 PM »

try disabling the INFO section on the routers internal log. See if the rebooting stops.

URRIAH

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 09:09:19 AM »

These random reboots have been happening to me as of late as well. I do online gaming alot and run my ps3 directly and i am getting reboots for no reason. I configured this router for max gaming and still no luck. I have had to trun back to my Linksys 350 until this problem can be fixed. I spent 200.00 on this router as its claim was for gaming. Please fix the prob, have had this router since the day it came out, I am stuck with it and will try to be patient.
Also we need more control with the firewall. It is blocking info through my ps3 which is a hinderance as well. I do have the latest frimware beta version running as well, but at this point am not able to use the router anymore.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »

Are you still having these issues?

Mahalo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »

Unfortunately, I am still seeing the occasional reboots.

Under Status -> Log, I have Informational unchecked, and under Tools -> Syslog, I have logging enabled.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »

Can we check a few things.
1) Enable an NTP server. Make sure the routers time is correct.
2) Disable the [info] type logs in the internal logging system.
3) Disable Dynamic Fragmentation.

URRIAH

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »

Try changing both router encryption and wireless connection on pc to wap-2 AES instead of TKIP

Mahalo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 08:29:48 PM »

I enabled NTP, disabled [info] logs, and disabled dynamic fragmentations, and have seen 2 reboots since.

I will try the wireless settings to see if that helps at all. (I was using Auto WPA/WPA2 and TKIP + AES)

Mahalo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »

I'm still getting frequent reboots with those wireless security settings, and those log/dynamic fragmentation settings.

I love this router to death, except for the rebooting. =\

URRIAH

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »

I did resolve my rebooting issues recently by doing a hard reset and downloading the beta update via a direct connection and then reloading. As well i changed my config for what i was doing specifically.  No probs on its own ;D.
I did try a few things to see if i could cause it to reboot on its own, and well i was able to make it happen :o.

1) I have a third party firewall, so I turned on my windows firewall and by runing two firewalls i was able to cause a conflict with the router.
2) I did have a fluke reboot when I turned off my upnp in dealing with my other networked pc's

Only two things left for you to try or look into. One, check your pc's firewall settings and see how it is sending or blocking packets, you may have to make an adjustment.
Second, is there something that may be interfering with the router?

If you have not updated to the beta update, I would recommend it, second If so try a redownload via a direct linkup and reisntall

whsftbldad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »

Hi.  Running DGL-4500 with other items on router but not turned on.  Using Dell Latitude D610 laptop with built-in wireless (I believe it is an Intel device), running work aplications using Cisco VPN.  Used to drop the VPN connection on old DIR-624, but seems to be more often using this.  Is there a setting in the router or laptop to keep the VPN from droping it's connection.  My uptime on the internet hasn't gone down and the uptime on my DGL-4500 is at 24 days, 17 hours.  It has not gone down once since original install.  Any help would be appreciated.

Mahalo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 01:20:56 AM »

Well, I've tried hard reset'ing, and reconfiguring the router. I've been running the beta for a while now.

I've also had the wireless radio off for most of today after I was getting reboots every 5 minutes around lunch time on my laptop, but I still get occasional reboots. I'm only running a single firewall, and at the moment, just one PC and my vonage modem.

I'm at a loss as to why it reboots still.
Pages: 1 [2]