• April 19, 2024, 01:43:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Newer Format Support?  (Read 3399 times)

MCMunroe

• Level 1 Member
Newer Format Support?
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:26:42 PM »

I'm really loving my DSM-520. Have it hooked up to my 52" HDTV and am loving it. I have a HDTV recorder in my compture and once encoded into Divx the DSM-520 plays them wonderfully.

New formats keep coming out and the DSM-520 seems to be a powerful versital (supported) machine.

• Is there any chance of adding x264 support, even at lower bit rates? the 2000-4000 bit range works more than well enough for me.
  • Support for MatRoska (.mkv) container files would also be a big help. I keep having to do a all day recode of such files thus loosing alot of quality.
  • AC3 audio support? Would love to encode my shows with AC3 audio, also alot of music is being released in this higher quality format these days. My one song in AC3 just refuses to play, but I know that I've played .VOB files with AC3 just fine.

So any of these enhancements, even with Beta "not fully supported" levels of support would be greatly welcomed.