• April 16, 2024, 06:01:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DIR-825 B1 new 2.02NA Firmware - Does it fix issues?  (Read 95113 times)

PapaBaugh

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-825 B1 new 2.02NA Firmware - Does it fix issues?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 01:09:41 PM »

I tried this last suggestion.  It didn't help. 

Then I contacted newegg.com.  They will accept the return for a refund with no restocking fee.  Thanks everyone for your suggestions! 

It just shouldn't be this hard to get a product to work.  It is being returned.  Regards, -Ryan

steve841

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 08:49:43 AM »

I have a new DIR  825 Rev B.

And updated to the latest posted firmware.

As soon as MAC filtering is enabled ..  you can no longer access the web interface.  WTF?

Nice Job Guys!

Shall we take some time and fix this please.

BassMan

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »

I have a new DIR  825 Rev B.

And updated to the latest posted firmware.

As soon as MAC filtering is enabled ..  you can no longer access the web interface.  WTF?

Nice Job Guys!

Shall we take some time and fix this please.

This caught me too...
...with Linksys, the MAC filtering only affected wireless.  On D-Link, I found out the "Hard Way(tm)" that it affects hard-wired too!

Imagine my joy at doing a "long reset", and re-configuring...

Still, my 825 HW:B1 2.02NA is ROCK SOLID.  Just took a while to configure to my liking.

steve841

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:38:07 AM »

This caught me too...
...with Linksys, the MAC filtering only affected wireless.  On D-Link, I found out the "Hard Way(tm)" that it affects hard-wired too!

Imagine my joy at doing a "long reset", and re-configuring...

Still, my 825 HW:B1 2.02NA is ROCK SOLID.  Just took a while to configure to my liking.

Only problem is ...  I set MAC filtering to only block specified PC's ...  not all except listed.

miffed

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 08:55:38 PM »

I had same problem: DIR-825 B1 with comcast was not working.  My symptoms: I had internet by connecting modem to computer directly.  Also, the wireless network was set up and detectable - I could log on to the dlink wirelessly (192.168.0.1).  But my computer could not connect to the internet wirelessly.  Both a mac and a pc had this problem.

I'm not totally sure what did it, but here's what I did.  I spent about 10 hours playing around with the piece of **** and reading forums.  Then I updated the firmware to 2.02NA.  Then I did the long reset that was mentioned above (~45 sec).  Then I turned everything off and on again (router did not start up on its own, after long reset).  Then wireless internet worked through the default, password-less 'dlink' network.  I then added password, changed name of network, and still it worked.  I didn't touch anything else.

Finally!  I hope this helps.

Schwack

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 09:38:28 PM »

Guys, I agree.  I already posted my vent on another forum regarding NO connection to the internet with this router.

I'm somewhat new to this dual router world but is it suppose to be this painful to connect to the internet????

Schwack

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »

Folks...I exchanged my router for another 825 router.  Thought I'd give Dlink another chance.
With the new original firmware, I was getting spotty connection.  Connect for a while, then disconnect, then connect, then disconnect.  It was ugly.

I called DLINK help desk and they emailed me the new firmware version and told me to flash it.  I've done it and now I can't get online at all.

I will call them tomorrow morning for one last chance.  I have a funny feeling they will tell me what the guy told me this morning.  That is "take it back to the store for a refund".

That cracks me up --- their own help desk reps tell me to take it back to the store!

I will gladly do it.

kputty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »

If you have Broadband service, you will also have to press the reset button on your cable modem in order for it to learn the new piece of equipment (in your case the dlink router).  If this does not work manually, try calling your service provider and have them to a reset for you.  I had the same issue and this fixed it.

Good luck

slavanaway

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 09:25:53 AM »

I have a DIR-825 revA and it works flawlessly. I had it two days and read the rev B1 was way better and firmware 2.02NA fixed the issues. Open source, faster processor, more memory... what you need to get two years or more from the router.

My current network is

Covad
Innoband as a bridge
DIR-825 revA
5 port DLink Gigabit switch

I bought a rev B1 and it had 2.02NA installed.

Set up the same as the revA.

PPOE Username/Password
DNS 0.0.0.0
Changed the wireless name for 2.4 and 5 ghz added password

Would not connect to the internet.

Reset everything and re-setup several times. Modem first, Router next. It would sometimes connect for several seconds to 2 minutes. Tech support had me change the port speed from auto-detect to 1000 no luck.

Tried resetting with the tech on the line. No luck.

The tech then told me to get the DNS from the DSL provider (I had already set the DNS in my own attempts) then he gave me a call number and said goodbye. I asked him what I was to do and he said call back if I had the same problem.

He was just clearing a call? Knows it fails and can't be fixed? What????

The PPOE is not being sent to the Covad. The revA works fine. This is not rocket science... or new...

I can try to set the modem to router mode and have it assign an IP address to the router (12.168.1.x) and then let the router manage the wireless and wired... any one else do this?

Does anyone else use and Innoband 8013-G1?

TIA,

Sam

nickCR

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 02:38:13 PM »

Guys many ISPs actually restrict your internet to a MAC address behind the cable modem. For example when I changed out my WRT54G I had to clone my MAC to the same one or it wouldn't work might be a suggestion and working with your ISP might help you determine this.

After firmware update, DD-WRT (3rd party firmware) recommends that you do a 30-30-30 reset.

What is that you might ask? Well it's quite simple.

Hold the reset button on the back (not the one on the side) for 30 seconds
While still holding the button pull the plug and wait another 30 seconds
While still holding the button plug in the plug and wait another 30 seconds

Now let go of the button. This should clear your NVRAM and any existing weird settings that might be stuck in the rom.

beveri8469

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 03:50:37 PM »

i got a question. i just bought me a 825 about an hour ago and was wondering if anybody had software issues with their router. i cant install my software at all because it does nothing but crashes on me.
was wondering if anybody else encountered this?

thanx

steve841

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »

Just go direct via a browser ... you'll be much happier and avoid the useless software install.
Pages: 1 [2]