• April 16, 2024, 01:30:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is this a beta product or retail quality product - very flaky  (Read 2396 times)

smarisetty

• Level 1 Member
Is this a beta product or retail quality product - very flaky
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:33:08 PM »

HI,

I did not want to give up on this camera and tried if for a month and tried many things to make it work.  The product if very flaky when attempted to view it over the internet. 

The viewing through mydlink account is very flaky as well.  It works for me when I am behind a corporate network sometimes, but it did not ever work for my spouse who works for a different corporation and from behind her network.

So, really, this does not address our needs at all. Having spent 10's of hours and over a month of my time, I am of the conclusion that this product is not ready for prime time yet.

Hope Dlink management/executives are aware of the quality of a product they are putting out.  They cannot blame my router at home, as it is also a dlink DI-634M router.

Now, what would I do with this toy: Played with it and will throw it into my other gadget bag.  I don't have the patience to return it and get a refund, as I have gone through replacements already.

Good luck to all with this toy.

reg

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Is this a beta product or retail quality product - very flaky
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:49:12 AM »

The inability to view DCS-930L streaming video from from a client behind a corporate network is not a fault of the D-Link camera or router.

It's not uncommon for companies to implement firewalls that proactively block streaming video and other forms of multimedia. Depending on how the firewall is configured, the ability to view streaming video may vary based on the IP, protocols, video format, and other variables. Some video may work, while others may not.

I suggest you contact the IT department responsible for maintaining the corporate network and ask them to add an exception to the firewall.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:04:54 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC