D-Link Wireless Adapters > DWA-131

Only sees G Networks, doesn't see N

(1/3) > >>

mark0978:
DWA-121 WIRELESS N 150 PICO USB ADAPTER  (Don't see a forum for this model, 131 seems closest)

Bought the DWA-121 at office depot trying to get connected to an N Network.  It worked while on vacation for about 2 days, then either that network went away or it quit working.  Now all it sees @ my home is a G network, not the N Network.  MacBookPro sees the N Network just fine, so I'm thinking its this adapter?  Should I just return it because it doesn't work, or should I try to get it replaced?

FurryNutz:
What wireless modes are you using on the host router?
Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N?
Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
Try setting a manual channel to a open or unused channel.
What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto.

mark0978:
Netgear router settings are here

ipods and macbookpro work just fine.   Seems to just be this adapter that doesn't work

FurryNutz:
Well it's your host router settings I believe, not the adapter. Looks like the 2.4Ghz is set up for 54Mb only?

mark0978:
If I switch N to run at 2.4GHz then G is disabled.  Does N not run in the 5Ghz band any more?  Why does this adapter only work on the 2.4Ghz freq.

Changing it to 2.4 allows me to connect, but this adapter not working on 5Ghz makes it pretty handicapped.  What about when I can't adjust the frequency?  Then I just don't get networking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version