• May 10, 2024, 06:34:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to reset DNS-345 to factory default  (Read 5588 times)

an3k

• Level 1 Member
[SOLVED] How to reset DNS-345 to factory default
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:23:52 PM »

I know the webinterface function to reset to factory defaults and the little reset button at the back but both only reset the settings. I was looking for a feature to reset the whole flash to factory defaults. I know that it can't magically install the original firmware from nowhere ;) but i want the mydlink Cloud addon to be removed from it and that is not possible in the addon management.

Why? Easy to explain: If you get your DNS-345 and click on the mydlink Cloud icon it asks you to download the software before you can use it. If you accept that it does downloading and installing for you (perhaps its part of the firmware but just not installed). The Version is 2.38....

The latest version you can download from D-Link FTP is 2.37.... I've tried the german and taiwan FTP but couldn't find mydlink Cloud 2.38.

Alternatively a download link to the newer version would solve this too ;) Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:55:10 PM by an3k »

an3k

• Level 1 Member
Re: [SOLVED] How to reset DNS-345 to factory default
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:35:14 PM »

To get the latest mydlink Cloud Addon for your DNS-345 do not install the file you can download manually from D-Link. Instead click on the mydlink Cloud icon on the webinterface shown at Home (Top Button Menu). This will install version 2.38.0.19922 automatically.
If you don't like that version you can install the older versions you can download manually from the D-Link website!

Solution:
1) Create a Backup of all files you want to keep
2) Format all Volumes
3) Reset to Factory Defaults by either using the webinterface or the little reset button on the back of the DNS-345.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:55:23 PM by an3k »