D-Link Enterprise > DGS-3120-Series

PVID & Admin interface

<< < (2/2)

kpk1:
@PacketTracer thank you very much for your time. I appreciate that.

PacketTracer:
When studying the documentation I had found that GVRP stuff either and that "PVID" was mentioned there literally. But since the explanatory text you quoted looked more misleading than helpful ("This field is used to manually assign a PVID to a VLAN" -- hm: I would assign a PVID to a port, not a VLAN - or this one: "The PVID is used by the port to tag outgoing, untagged packets" aha, well I always thought it's the other way round and PVID assigns a VLAN to incoming untagged traffic) and GVRP is a protocol used to dynamically deploy VLAN information instead of configuring VLANs manually I didn't pay further attention on this topic.

But okay - leaving all that GRVP stuff aside and just use the opportunity to define the PVID buried here, this is obviously the most direct way to alter PVID settings. I guess my method using 802.1v protocol based VLAN assignment (which is only applied to untagged ingress frames) would work either and if used would override the PVID settings configured within the GRVP configuration item.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version