• March 28, 2024, 06:16:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: DCS-942L Rev A - Firmware v1.23 Comments & Observations  (Read 48184 times)

bizarrorollins

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware v1.23 Comments & Observations
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 10:47:09 AM »

Any update on this issue?

Sorry forgot to check back in. Looks like it might have just been the 1.23 update because all has been well since down grading. I can't power cycle on a schedule in this firmware but it's not that large of a loss.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 10:54:54 AM »

Sorry forgot to check back in. Looks like it might have just been the 1.23 update because all has been well since down grading. I can't power cycle on a schedule in this firmware but it's not that large of a loss.

I'm glad everything is restored and working. Hopefully D-Link will address the known issue(s) with this latest release.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

squibcakes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 01:04:07 AM »

Thanks.  Are other DCS-942L owners experiencing this same issue?

YES YES YES!!

I came to this forum specifically for this problem.

In the past versions I was able to adjust the shutter speed to give me best image at night, and adjust the brightness contrast for best image during the day.  Now the night time is too dark as i have to have shutter disabled otherwise daytime is just over exposed.

Can I roll back to 1.22 and if so where to get it?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 05:15:43 AM »

Can I roll back to 1.22 and if so where to get it?

Legacy firmware files are available for download on the D-Link Taiwan site: D-Link Taiwan Download Site

skchaw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 08:24:09 AM »

Getting the same error here .... emails alerts not working anymore after upgrading to 1.23. Any solution???? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 09:06:32 AM »

Getting the same error here .... emails alerts not working anymore after upgrading to 1.23. Any solution???? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

D-Link is aware of this issue and is actively working towards a resolution. No workaround exists at this time other than rolling the firmware back to v1.22.

skchaw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 07:45:03 AM »

Hi,

Any update on the new firmware???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 07:48:01 AM »

Hi,

Any update on the new firmware???

Not at this time.  :-\

beerden

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »

I have 4 (total) DCS-942L which have been using v1.23 soon after it was released. This is what I have observed so far:

1. When any of their 32GB SDcards get to the use-specified "Keep free space" limit (200KB default) the video recording doesn't seem to "wrap", and recording appears to stop. The camera becomes unresponsive on the LAN (they are all on the wireless LAN). Power cycling the camera brings it back onto the LAN, but recording seems to have stopped. Deleting older date folders frees up space and the camera begins to work again. And yes, I do have "cyclic" recording enabled (default).

Also, I did have to format each camera's SDcard after I had upgraded to V1.23, or retrieval of files and recording would not work. I see this is now a known problem.

2. One camera stopped recording at 13:00 one day and never resume recording until I rebooted it, after which it began to work as expected. It had 11GB free on the 32GB SDcard. I could also not view RTSP video (IP Cam Viewer, RTSP (Android), or VLC media player, RTSP), but I could access and use the web interface ok, and download the video files that were present.

3. Downloading recorded video files: apparently there is a limit to how many files can be downloading from the camera concurrently. I don't know what this limit is, but it's somewhere less than 10. In this case, all downloads stall and rebooting the camera cleared up the problem and I could download files after that (though I was paranoid and downloaded them sequentially thereafter). Note: I was downloading via wireless LAN so there could have been a connection problem related to this traffic.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2014, 12:59:38 PM »

I have 4 (total) DCS-942L which have been using v1.23 soon after it was released. This is what I have observed so far:

1. When any of their 32GB SDcards get to the use-specified "Keep free space" limit (200KB default) the video recording doesn't seem to "wrap", and recording appears to stop. The camera becomes unresponsive on the LAN (they are all on the wireless LAN). Power cycling the camera brings it back onto the LAN, but recording seems to have stopped. Deleting older date folders frees up space and the camera begins to work again. And yes, I do have "cyclic" recording enabled (default).

Also, I did have to format each camera's SDcard after I had upgraded to V1.23, or retrieval of files and recording would not work. I see this is now a known problem.

2. One camera stopped recording at 13:00 one day and never resume recording until I rebooted it, after which it began to work as expected. It had 11GB free on the 32GB SDcard. I could also not view RTSP video (IP Cam Viewer, RTSP (Android), or VLC media player, RTSP), but I could access and use the web interface ok, and download the video files that were present.

3. Downloading recorded video files: apparently there is a limit to how many files can be downloading from the camera concurrently. I don't know what this limit is, but it's somewhere less than 10. In this case, all downloads stall and rebooting the camera cleared up the problem and I could download files after that (though I was paranoid and downloaded them sequentially thereafter). Note: I was downloading via wireless LAN so there could have been a connection problem related to this traffic.

Perhaps the answer to the following question is obvious but I'll ask anyway: Did you test the functionality for all of the issues mentioned in your post on the prior installed firmware version (I presume 1.22) on all four cameras?

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »

Hi AvaLawyer!

D-Link needs to remove Firmware 1.23 and rollback to 1.22 until they fix the bugs!

I have 4 Cams that stopped Motion Detect Recording after a week for no reason.
When I rolled back to 1.22 they all worked again!

Please notify D-Link because otherwise I think they are excellent products and deserve better firmware.

George

georgeorgeorge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:03 PM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

Ok, I have Rolled back my D-941 Cameras to 1.22 and they are still "Motion Recording" fine.
One crashed only and is stuck but the others are working great.

I believe the Issue or BUG is that 1.23 stops recording when "programmed" through the WEB or the iPhone/Android Application myDlink Lite.  These Apps somehow are "misinterpreted" by 1.23 and the Motion Detect gets Disabled even though the S/W and Web site says its is ON.

This problem does NOT exist in 1.22!

By the way, I had two Cameras Motion detect recording with 1.23, but they were programmed locally from D-Link Main Console or direct vie Explorer!  Unfortunately, this is unsatisfactory if you need to adjust the paramters remotely...

Anyway, hope this helps to locate the bug, its somewhere in the interface with the Web and App command interpretation.

George

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2014, 06:34:32 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer,

Ok, I have Rolled back my D-941 Cameras to 1.22 and they are still "Motion Recording" fine.
One crashed only and is stuck but the others are working great.

I believe the Issue or BUG is that 1.23 stops recording when "programmed" through the WEB or the iPhone/Android Application myDlink Lite.  These Apps somehow are "misinterpreted" by 1.23 and the Motion Detect gets Disabled even though the S/W and Web site says its is ON.

This problem does NOT exist in 1.22!

By the way, I had two Cameras Motion detect recording with 1.23, but they were programmed locally from D-Link Main Console or direct vie Explorer!  Unfortunately, this is unsatisfactory if you need to adjust the paramters remotely...

Anyway, hope this helps to locate the bug, its somewhere in the interface with the Web and App command interpretation.

George

Can another DCS-942L camera owner validate these findings?

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »

Can another DCS-942L camera owner validate these findings?

I've updated to 1.23 fw release, but I have not faced any new issues. Everything properly works, I still receive the motion-detection emails, no problems on saving images and videos on ftp storage.

In order to avoid any problems, I suggest to follow this procedure for upgrading firmware (logically only via ethernet cable, NEVER via wireless/powerline connection):

1) backup a configuration file (Maintenance -> System -> Save configuration)
2) upgrade the firmware
3) restore to factory defaults (Maintenance -> System -> Restore to factory defaults)
4) restore the a/m configuration file (Maintenance -> System -> Load configuration)

Hope may help you.
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

kedy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:04 PM »

Neither email nor recording to the sd-card (on motion) works in 1.23. I bought it yesterday, and in 1.21 it worked. Then I upgraded to 1.23 now it doesn't work anymore. What's wrong? Please fix the firmware or I'll have to return my camera as it's not working as advertised.

emails alerts not working anymore after upgrading to 1.23. before all worked fine

please advice

I have the same problem with irrbloss and ionc.
I also tried many methods, configurations. That still does not work.

Even I tried the Joe Public's method:

I've updated to 1.23 fw release, but I have not faced any new issues. Everything properly works, I still receive the motion-detection emails, no problems on saving images and videos on ftp storage.

In order to avoid any problems, I suggest to follow this procedure for upgrading firmware (logically only via ethernet cable, NEVER via wireless/powerline connection):

1) backup a configuration file (Maintenance -> System -> Save configuration)
2) upgrade the firmware
3) restore to factory defaults (Maintenance -> System -> Restore to factory defaults)
4) restore the a/m configuration file (Maintenance -> System -> Load configuration)

Hope may help you.

Also, I did lab for a long time. This is my experience with firmware 1.23:
1. Disable SD recording.
2. Reboot device
3. Enable SD recording.
After the 3 steps, the SD recording and mail notification works.

However, if you modify the SD recording related setting, or reboot device (manual or schedule).
The SD recording & video clip mail does not work.
You have to repeat the following three steps.
I think it's not useful for users.

Could D-Link try to fix the problem?
Also, please remove the firmware upgrade notification to 1.23 temporarily.

I just rolled back to 1.21, then use app to browse the camera.
I click the wrong botton...... it starts upgrading........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5