• April 19, 2024, 05:48:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Unique Setup? Possible?  (Read 4468 times)

thebluemoontwo

• Level 1 Member
DCS-932L - Unique Setup? Possible?
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:59:42 AM »

Good morning,

My wife and I just bought the 932L to see if we could use it for a baby monitor while we are at the house. We live in a rural area that has limited internet options. We currently use a Verizon MiFi card for our primary internet as it's really the only option. The issue with this, among other things, is the limited bandwidth we are allowed each month. I called technical support to see if we could connect the camera to the MiFi but they told me this wasn't possible.

Last night I successfully set up the camera to a D-Link DIR-655 router that isn't connected to the internet and was able to install D-ViewCam on my laptop (running Windows 7). I could connect to the router and access the camera. This setup seemed ideal since we aren't using any bandwidth and can monitor the camera for as long as we need without running up against our limits.

My wife tried to install D-ViewCam on her laptop (Mac) and she needed internet to complete the installation. I was able to skip that step on my setup. Intranet only was an option for me but not her. Is there a way to skip the internet setup on Mac that anyone has found?

We also wanted to use our iPad as our primary viewing device and downloaded the MyDlink app. We couldn't set up our account since if we are connected to the internet we can't be connected to the camera, and if we are connected to the router which has the camera on it we don't have internet. I figure a work-around for this part is to set the camera up somewhere else where I have a router with internet. Once I do will I be able to log into the app when the camera is connected to our 'non-internet' router or does the app rely on the internet to get it's feed?

Any help with this set is greatly appreciated. I knew going into this it would be a challenge to set up but this is getting crazy.

Thanks in advance!

oberkc

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Unique Setup? Possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:11:52 AM »

You can use an IPad to view your camera over the wifi LAN without internet, but I am not sure you can do it with "myDlink".  Download an app (I use IP Cam Viewer) and set up the camera based upon your LAN URL.