• March 28, 2024, 07:14:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Detected emails even when disabled.  (Read 21523 times)

Reddok

• Level 1 Member
Motion Detected emails even when disabled.
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »

Ever since I updated the mydlink app last night, I have been getting emails (and push notifications) from my DCS-930 whenever motion is triggered.  Except the emails aren't coming from the camera itself (motion based emails are disabled).  The emails are coming from Dlink_Mail_Center.  It tells me I have to log in to mydlink account to disable them but there is nowhere on the mydlink website to disable them.  Push notifications stop when I log out of the mydlink app, but the emails still continue constantly.

ash

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion Detected emails even when disabled.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:52:12 AM »

Same here. I have more than one camera, so I am getting a LOT of emails. Very aggravating, as there is no place to disable these notifications.

Reddok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »

I've checked my settings in my camera, nothing has changed - email notification disabled.  I've deleted the device from mydlink.com and reinstalled it.  Still getting emails.  No where on mydlink.com can I disable the emails.

Reddok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 12:52:35 PM »

I just noticed the motion notifications also don't match when the device is actually recording motion.  I just got two notifications about motion and my camera didn't record any.  And now I just recieved a device disconnected notification and yet my camera is still operating.

DRZ

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »

I am getting e-mail bombed by the Dlink_Mail_Center with the same messages, on sound bursts and motion detection in all my cameras (and they are many). I logged into my account at the www.mydlink.com and went to my home page where all my cameras were present. I went to the settings tab and I unchecked the "send e-mail notifications", which I never had checked, anyway.

The problem was fixed for 5 hours, and then notifications and email messages started pouring again. Went back to mydlink.com, and the "send email notifications" was magically found to be checked!!! Unchecked it, but still get notifications. What gives? Please fix this bug. On the lighter side, I remember we all had hard time in the past getting the e-mail function to work. Now it works without having to do anything at all (albeit the email messages do not come from the camera, but from mydlink.com)

AzlanKassim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »

Yes, same here. Have been bombarded by the email notifications. Sigh

bartgermany

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 10:01:48 PM »

>:(

Same Problem here. I contact the Support. I hope there fixed it fast.

4 Cams send mails to my Accountemailadress. The Account Email ist not my Dlink Email. I have a special adress for my cams.

On Website there are no button to disable ?

pashtet_dub

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »

same here. Disabled all motion on cameras but still receiving the notifications. Please fix!

Reddok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »

Ever since I got the "Device disconnected" email, I have not recieved any more.  I wonder why some people have the options in mydlink.com to control these settings as I don't.

AzlanKassim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »

Not sure what happened. The problem seems to have been fixed since yesterday (10 September). Fingers crossed.

I am also able to use the latest iphone mydlink Lite app (version 3.1.0) for the 2-way audio communication.

adameve

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 01:53:42 AM »

Mydlink, I appreciate the push notification. It takes little effort to set you notification correctly to avoid receiving too many emails. Please bring back the service and I am happy with the notification as the way it was.

Wvvjoevvw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »

Is there a reason why DLink will not address this issue? Has anybody resolved the matter? I have email notifications disabled on mydlink.com, but I am incessantly getting motion and sound detection alerts from eventusmp@mydlinknotify.com .... I get the video and snapshot email alerts from my configured email address just as expected from the built in router on the camera (with attachments).  But these darn motion detected emails with nothing but a link to mydlink.com will not stop. 

The attachment emails sent from my email address only send during the scheduled time frame I applied in the router config on the camera, but these info only alerts are coming constantly and disregarding my schedule. 

Are you listening DLINK!?

Wvvjoevvw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »

I found the root of these emails.  There are three locations you can set Alerts at when using this camera.  The router itself, the mydlink.com settings for your camera, AND the iPhone MYDlink lite app for iPhone has its own alert settings (aside from push notifications).  When the camera is open on the iPhone app, the upper right settings button has alerts you can configure.  These were the source of those info-only motion and sound burst emails I was getting.  I don't see a reason why we need alerts in three darn places, it's confusing.  But nevertheless, if you were getting these like I was check this setting on your iPhone app.  Mine have stopped now.