• March 28, 2024, 02:26:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 - Comments & Observations  (Read 64189 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 - Comments & Observations
« on: October 07, 2013, 07:33:57 AM »

D-Link posted DCS-933L firmware version 1.02b5, which can be downloaded here: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 Download

Please post your comments as a reply to this thread!

:)  ;)  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.02b5 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 07:34:26 AM »

DCS-933L release notes:

• [New Feature] Update mydlink agent to v2.0.17-b28.
  • [New Feature] Add user can configure interval setting for motion/sound detection of mail/ftp
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed schedule time of motion detection/sound detection incorrect issue when start time > end time
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed h.264 streaming issue tested on ios6
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed IP task will be restarted issue on DHCP renew time
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed OSD disappear issue.
  • [Bug Fix] NTP source port change to port 123

stoneface

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »

I see the 1.02_b5 as the latest FW, but the dlink.com support website still has v1.01_v7 (Sep 10 2013 date on the zip file). 1.02_b5 has bugs, so did they pull it from dlink? Latest is supposed to be greatest, but is it?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 05:59:40 AM »

I see the 1.02_b5 as the latest FW, but the dlink.com support website still has v1.01_v7 (Sep 10 2013 date on the zip file). 1.02_b5 has bugs, so did they pull it from dlink? Latest is supposed to be greatest, but is it?

The firmware is posted in multiple locations on sites maintained by D-Link USA -- unfortunately the firmware versions on each of these locations are not necessarily in sync with each other. The latest firmware is posted on http://mydlink.com/support, while www.dlink.com contains earlier iterations of the firmware. For future reference, the mydlink.com/support site seems to be updated more frequently and sooner than the main website. You shouldn't read anything into the fact that mydlink.com/support and www.dlink.com contain different versions.

To further confuse matters, I sometimes post firmware from other sanctioned D-Link sites that are published for worldwide distribution.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:32:29 AM by JavaLawyer »

Trolle

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »

Hi forum,

I'd like to see more robustness regarding the connection to the FTP server. If my camera is close to my access point, all motion detected vids are uploaded to FTP server just fine, and are perfectly playable. If I move the camera further away (where I need it to be), the camera will upload either 0KB .avi files or fullsize .avi files (about 2,3 MB with my settings) which are not playable by any media player.

The WiFi signal is not weak where I need the camera to be. My smartphone reports 3 out of 5 bars on WiFi when put where I need the camera, and the DCS-933L webinterface including the live monitoring works just fine. So I think it may have to do with FTP timeout values or other parameters that affects robust upload.

noseph

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:48:09 AM »

Firmware v1.02b5 continues to generate false triggers when switching the IR on and off. Are there plans to rectify this?

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 03:55:41 AM »

I have the exact same problem. And also constantly during night mode. Not only during the switch.

Motion detection is useless with this bug. Is this being fixed.

Only false detections. I cannot make it work correctly.

>:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:49:12 AM by HWAM »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 05:53:24 AM »

Firmware v1.02b5 continues to generate false triggers when switching the IR on and off. Are there plans to rectify this?

Recent firmware releases on other D-Link Cloud cameras contained a fix that improved the judgement logic used for the day/night transitions. Hopefully that improvement will soon work it's way into the DCS-933L as well.  :-\

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 05:57:52 AM »

Okay. I hope there will be an update soon. ???

But again, also false detections during night mode in a dark closet. >:(

Why is 1.01b7 the newest on the FTP site?

ftp://dhq@ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DCS-933L/REVA/DCS-933L_FIRMWARE_1.01_B7.ZIP

And why 1.02b5 on https://www.mydlink.com/support?

Strange.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 06:38:40 AM »

Okay. I hope there will be an update soon. ???

But again, also false detections during night mode in a dark closet. >:(

What you are describing sounds like noise in the video feed that's triggering motion detection events, not something related to day/night mode transitions.

Why is 1.01b7 the newest on the FTP site?

ftp://dhq@ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DCS-933L/REVA/DCS-933L_FIRMWARE_1.01_B7.ZIP

And why 1.02b5 on https://www.mydlink.com/support?

Strange.

D-Link's FW repositories are not completely synchronized.  I make an effort to maintain the latest links (from the sources that I monitor) on this forum as sticky posts.

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 06:45:16 AM »

No sound involved. Sound detection is off.

I placed the cam in a dark closet to test it. All day false motion detections. It has nothing to do with day/night switching. I simple got mails during normal operation. I want to send the photos so you can see. You can see all kind of scrabled lines and blocks. The movie is flickering black for a very short moment. So this is no normal behavior and has not to do with switching between the day/night mode.

How can I give you the images? So you can check.

Grt.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »

No sound involved. Sound detection is off.

I placed the cam in a dark closet to test it. All day false motion detections. It has nothing to do with day/night switching. I simple got mails during normal operation. I want to send the photos so you can see. You can see all kind of scrabled lines and blocks. The movie is flickering black for a very short moment. So this is no normal behavior and has not to do with switching between the day/night mode.

How can I give you the images? So you can check.

Grt.

When I said "noise", I was referring to image artifacts (e.g. lines) that the camera is most likely interpreting as movement.

Possible causes for these artifacts may include interference from other electrical devices or the power lines themselves. Try placing the camera elsewhere to rule this out. The only other additional recommendation I can offer at this point is to save your camera settings as a "Configuration Settings" file (option exists in the firmware web UI); reset the camera to the factory default settings; reinstall the firmware; and upload your settings from the saved file.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:02:30 AM by JavaLawyer »

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 07:02:25 AM »

The cam was reset to factory defaults after I removed it from "mydlink.com". I use it without cloud now. The cam is placed in the hallway against the wall now (I did this yesterday evening). I got the false detections during my test day in the dark closet (yesterday during the day). But I am not the only one. Please read the posts. I don't think it has anything to do with interference from other electrical devices or the power lines themselves. Please inform if there are more complains with the same problem and if they are working on an update. I need to know if I must wait for an update or return the cam. I reported this issue twice at the dlink support site but no reaction. Can you please inform...

Grt.

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 10:04:38 AM »

I tried again, wall mounted away from electric things. I tried night mode again. Cam is wired, no wifi, no extender, only cam.
And again I got scrambled photos. False detections. Am I the only one? Now I am trying day mode but the hallway is dark so I cannot see a bit.
The scrambled photo is generating the false detection, is has nothing to do with movement.

Pease let me send the photos and inform for me.

I keep you informed about the day mode.

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »

I tried again, wall mounted away from electric things. I tried night mode again. Cam is wired, no wifi, no extender, only cam.
And again I got scrambled photos. False detections. Am I the only one? Now I am trying day mode but the hallway is dark so I cannot see a bit.
The scrambled photo is generating the false detection, is has nothing to do with movement.

Pease let me send the photos and inform for me.

I keep you informed about the day mode.

Thanks.

Under the circumstances, I recommend you call D-Link's technical support for further assistance. Perhaps they can troubleshoot and/or provide a replacement device. 1-888-851-6464
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5