• April 28, 2024, 09:15:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cannot access folder(s) on DNS-323  (Read 5005 times)

lostinwindows

• Level 1 Member
Cannot access folder(s) on DNS-323
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:36:55 AM »

I have a DNS-323 that has some permissions issues.
I cannot log into the DNS using either Telnet or sFTP due to "connection Refused" messages.
I also have several folders on my drive that it says are owned by nobody and I cannot navigiate into because of permissions issues.

If I reset the device back to factory, will that allow me to modify folder permissions? Will this allow me to Telnet or sFTP to the unit to tweak permissions?

Thanks in advance

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
Re: Cannot access folder(s) on DNS-323
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »

If I reset the device back to factory, will that allow me to modify folder permissions? Will this allow me to Telnet or sFTP to the unit to tweak permissions?
Resetting the device to factory defaults just clears the configuration information from NVRAM and does not affect files or permissions. Telnet is not a standard offering so unless you have installed FFP or some other script you will not be able to Telnet to your device. There are numerous existing threads though on the permission topic, some quite recent. http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=49870.0
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

lostinwindows

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 08:33:24 PM »

I was able to successfully reset the DNS back to factory settings. Thank you.
How do I enable either Telnet or ssh? Isn't access enabled by default?

Wiggs

• Level 3 Member
    • dwithers.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:06:42 AM »

I was able to successfully reset the DNS back to factory settings. Thank you.
How do I enable either Telnet or ssh? Isn't access enabled by default?

This is not officially supported in the factory firmware.  You will have to use a third party plug-in which is outside the context of these forums.  Google fun_plug and go from there.

Regards,

Wiggs
Wiggs,

DNS-323, 2-500GB Seagate Drives, FW 1.08
D-Link DGS-1005G Gigabit Switch
Asus O!Play Air Media Player
WinXP PC
OpenSuse 11.2 PC
Macbook 5,2 - Snow Leopard