• March 28, 2024, 09:17:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET HELP HERE?  (Read 5923 times)

Sidney

• Level 1 Member
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET HELP HERE?
« on: January 27, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

Hi, - again....

What does it take to get help???

I have bought a DCS-2230, but I realice now that I might have to set up a ftp server, in order to save recorded motion detection.

I would have preferred to save it on my local computer, - but I cant for the love of god, NOT find the way.

HELP NEEDED......

Sidney

• Level 1 Member
Re: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET HELP HERE?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:47:10 PM »

Well, - first - thank you for replying  ;D

I would prefer to keep the recorded on my laptop, - as this is "only" a home security cam, meant to copy "strangers with bad intentions in the carport and at the front door".

The (old)labtop Will bee hidden, all is on wireless,     - suppose to bee an easy setup!

I don't know anything about ftp server, - but if thats what it take, - then, can I turn my Win7 labtop into a ftp serve as well as being the one that handle the cam?

Another way I have been thinking about is my WD box with a TB HDD on, - but its not on the "Win7 Workgroup" don't know how, and if these "strangers" actually go in, then that would bee the first they would take... - leaving me nowhere.

Hope I have made my case clear this time :)

Sidney

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:30:15 AM »

Hi, back again,

while I was waiting for your reply, I googled "how to set up ftp on win7" and found that I could actually do that on this ultimate version, - but, mama mia, its not for an old timer(65) to understand, - so Ill turn it all of again, and go with you suggestion on the local pc.

but I get an error when I test the location?

I have made a folder in root(C:\ipcam), shared for the local workgroup (so that I can access it from another computer, se and delete the recorded files).
I then go to the "setup\network storage" and put in (\\192.168.0.194\C:\ipcam\) put in workgroup, admin, (workgroup password), - but I receive an error when i test it.
(((192.168.0.194 is my laptop, of course :))))
where do I go wrong?

Sidney

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »

have been testing for a while now, but I'm back to square one:

the IP address is recognized, as its turned in to the pc-name, the C: is removed, the folder is still there, - all this when I press "save settings".
still receiving "Test Error"

still cant get it right???

anyone? - - - please!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 02:18:15 AM by Sidney »

Sidney

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »

Thanks, - I'll try that when I get a new cam, - this one started to sound funny, then came the smoke and the nasty smell :(
I don't know why I have to go through all this, but this is the third camera in 2 weeks.

one of the problems for me is the Danish setup and words(Win7 in Danish), comparing to what you tell me, - but I'll get into it...

OK, 68, :), then there is still hope for me....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:08:22 PM by Sidney »