• March 18, 2024, 10:02:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1210~16~24  (Read 5498 times)

sangamc

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1210~16~24
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:26:40 PM »

Hi Dlinkers!!!

Just getting started with dlink switches and WAPs. I am trying to do something that i thought was simple but can not find a way to accomplish.

On my DWL-3200 AP i can create 2 SSIDs with VLAN tag1 and VLAN tag2. When connected directly to my juniper router. I can get on SSID2~vlan tag2 and get an ip address from the guest DHCP server. I can then switch to SSID1~vlan tag1 and get an ip address from my Office DHCP server.

When pluggged into the DGS-1210 it appears the vlan tags from the AP are being stripped from the packets and my guest DHCP server is not getting requests for new ip addresses. I have looked at the vlan sections but it appears that i have to give specific ports VLAN ids.

I do not want to give specific ports VIDS since i will be plugging 8 WAPs in wireless distribution mode so every port on the switch needs to be able to allow tagged packets through to the relevant DHCP servers inside my network.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. I am due to fly out of state in 5 days to deploy this setup in 10 sites over 3 days so i wont have time to play with settings once i am on the road.

If you require any specific info from my cofigs, please let me know.
Thanks

sangamc

• Level 1 Member
Re: DGS-1210~16~24
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »

EVerytime i make changes in the 802.1q section and apply. THe device crashes and becomes unreachable until i restart by power cycling. :/ starting to loose faith in the DGS-1210