• March 19, 2024, 12:05:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DGS-1210-16 Is hanging/crashing on FTP transfer.  (Read 9887 times)

nottabenne

• Level 1 Member
DGS-1210-16 Is hanging/crashing on FTP transfer.
« on: June 01, 2011, 06:51:09 AM »

Here is what happens, and i've been able to repeat this.

When I FTP from my PC to a server and want to transfer data from this server to another, let's say 24 000 small to medium files.

The Switch crashes/hangs and drops the connection to my PC. I can no longer access the servers or the internet from the PC. I hace to go in control panel and do a scan for errors for the connection to return to normal.

I forgot to mention that when this happens, the switch returns back to it's default IP : 10.90.90.90 as opposed to the one i gave him : 192.168.0.10

What am I doing wrong ? Is the switch faulty ? Is it a packet Storm ?

This never happened when I transfered the same files from my pc to one server or the other and I was on a cheap unmanaged router/switch back then.

Please help me ! I'm starting to regret buying a manageable switch !!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:53:26 AM by nottabenne »

TimotiSt

• Level 1 Member
Re: DGS-1210-16 Is hanging/crashing on FTP transfer.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:31:53 AM »

Something is definitely wrong with that switch. Try upgrading to the latest firmware, if it's still not working, and the same setup works with any other (unmanaged or anything) switch, return it to the shop and request a replacement.

Cheers,
Tamas
CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, 3DP, but still a llama...