• March 29, 2024, 07:07:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Detection only sending EVTxxxxx.log files  (Read 7355 times)

kevinhittle

• Level 1 Member
Motion Detection only sending EVTxxxxx.log files
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »

Good afternoon everyone!!

I am having an issue with my DCS-2330L.  When motion is detected, it is only sending log files to my email address...not the photos I usually get.  I even changed to video..but same thing.

My event setup is:

Media:     Snapshot Send 1 pre/5 post
Event:     Priority Normal/Delay for 10 seconds before next event...Trigger "Video Motion Detection"

IP Camera Name DCS-2330L
Time & Date  Tue Nov 25 17:23:18 2014
Firmware Version  1.00.04
MAC Address  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IP Address  xxxxxxx
IP Subnet Mask  255.255.255.0
Default Gateway  xxxxxxx
Primary DNS  xxxxxxx
Secondary DNS  0.0.0.0
PPPoE  Disable
DDNS  Disable
Agent Version 2.0.17-b36

The contents of the log files look incomplete:

Event : Motion detected
                   E

That is it...

everything else works great...Any clues to help me identify my issue??

Kevin

regmo0513

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion Detection only sending EVTxxxxx.log files
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »

Hey did you get this resolved? I had the same problem, and i deleted my events and started over. That helped fix mine.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 11:16:35 AM »

Video motion detection was probably turned too sensitive

drspoogy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:41:59 AM »

Having the exact same issue. The files are dated/created at a time when the event recording is NOT occurring, making me believe that the device is creating a log file in lieu of a video file for some reason.

My sensitivity is set to 40, so there is no logical reason as to why sensitivity of the device would cause an 'event motion detection' log to be created instead of a video file.

Has resolution been given by a Dlink rep? I'm about to return this thing.

kevinhittle

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »

I actually got mine fixed by installing firmware 1.01.06 on my DCS2330L.  The weird thing is that when I looked up on the DLINK site for my device, it did not list this firmware.  I found it in another thread.  I have had no issues since upgrading the firmware.

Kev

drspoogy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 01:14:47 PM »

Good to hear your problem was fixed via a firmware update. I am currently running 1.02.05, so unless that fix was removed from this later version your solution isn't applying to my situation.

I've been running some tests on my end to see if I can isolate why this is happening, as I doubt Dlink will offer resolution or investigation into the issue (as stated by others).

1. I had motion recording triggering email screencaps & SD card recording events. Thinking these may be clashing I disabled the email alert. No change, log file continues to be created.
2. I took my sensitivity from 40 to 80, creating many more videos on my SD card as well as many more log files. No success here.

Thoughts on additional tests?

adamb90

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »

I'm having the same problem but with FTP. 

I wonder if there is a bug where the files are getting overwritten when another motion event comes in while the previous one is still being processed.

Maybe increase the delay between events?  Just an idea.

Regards,
    Adam

CEO Sensr.net
https://sensr.net Watch your stuff! ™

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:27 AM »

The camera can be configured to send snapshots/video via SMB/FTP/email/SD. The camera can only handle so many events at once. When the camera is still busy processing an event (ie sending a video clip via FTP) while another motion detection event occurs, an email will be sent rather than an email with the snapshot/video. The purpose is to at least send something to notify of all events even if the camera cannot handle all the processes at once.

If there are several motion events in succession, logs may be sent in lieu because the camera is still processing the first few video clips
If several events are configured SD recording, FTP and email video, it is most definite email logs will be sent
If someone configures video/snapshow motion to either SD, email, FTP or SMB and motion detection is triggered, an email log should rarely ever be sent. If so, lower the motion detection sensitivity and increase the motion detection delay so the camera has time to actually process and send the event before it needs to worry about the next event. In other words it someone walks by and is there for 5 minutes, the camera could be processing 100+ events. If this is the case in that environment, an NVR (network video recorder) would be much more practical especially if there are more than 2-3 cameras in one location.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »

The camera can be configured to send snapshots/video via SMB/FTP/email/SD. The camera can only handle so many events at once. When the camera is still busy processing an event (ie sending a video clip via FTP) while another motion detection event occurs, an email will be sent rather than an email with the snapshot/video. The purpose is to at least send something to notify of all events even if the camera cannot handle all the processes at once.

If there are several motion events in succession, logs may be sent in lieu because the camera is still processing the first few video clips
If several events are configured SD recording, FTP and email video, it is most definite email logs will be sent
If someone configures video/snapshow motion to either SD, email, FTP or SMB and motion detection is triggered, an email log should rarely ever be sent. If so, lower the motion detection sensitivity and increase the motion detection delay so the camera has time to actually process and send the event before it needs to worry about the next event. In other words it someone walks by and is there for 5 minutes, the camera could be processing 100+ events. If this is the case in that environment, an NVR (network video recorder) would be much more practical especially if there are more than 2-3 cameras in one location.

Did you read this somewhere or is this based on your observations and deductive reasoning? I'm not questioning your conclusions, as they make perfect sense. Just curious if this came from an official channel. ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC