• April 26, 2024, 09:52:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 5MB Maximum Clip Size - Really ?  (Read 4120 times)

zacherynuk

• Level 1 Member
5MB Maximum Clip Size - Really ?
« on: June 15, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »

Hi,

I have just started looking at some of the newer 'HD' cams, to upgrade a variety of installations we have, from nature watch, times lapse and interior / exterior security.

I have started with a DCS-2210 which is a nice form & factor supports H264 at decent frame rates (on 720) as well as a PIR sensor - which is especially useful for external nature recordings.

However, I am very surprised to find it appears to have a file limit size of 5MB, or just 8 Seconds of event driven capture.  This isn't an issue when the cam is used on larger installations with streaming and server side event capturing for visible movement, but for PIR tripped events it's somewhat underwhelming.

Have I missed something ?

Thanks

Geezer22

• Level 2 Member
Re: 5MB Maximum Clip Size - Really ?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »

I believe it is even worse than that: unless I'm mistaken, the stock U.S. firmware has a 3MB limit, not 5MB. The 5MB limit is available when using beta firmware from the Russian FTP site and possibly also the Italian FTP site.

I have also found the built-in PIR sensor a bit problematic when used outdoors. Lots of false alarms. That may be just a function of my particular location, however, since I set up an external PIR sensor and had the same problem.

If you want longer clips, you may need to use D-Viewcam or some other program running on a computer.

zacherynuk

• Level 1 Member
Re: 5MB Maximum Clip Size - Really ?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:30:53 AM »

Man that sucks.  I liked this one because it had a built in SDCard allowing me to place it in far flung places.

To add insult to injury I find that Qnap doesn't support the bloody thing so I can't even use Qnap surveillance  Center with it, which was the other half.

I guess that strikes Dlink from my list.  Glad I am testing before buying dozens of the little disappointments ;)